Apparently, having a different opinion from anyone is now being translated as ‘hate speech.’ If you think the idea of having a man with his private parts still attached being allowed to use the women’s facilities is outrageous, then you hate all gays and the government needs to enact laws to protect the LGBT community. If however a state tries to protect the right for women’s privacy in the facilities, then liberal celebrities must boycott those states. All criticism of Hillary Clinton is sexism; all criticism of President Obama’s policies is proof that racism is back in America. The tea party and all Republicans are racists, anti-gay, Islamaphobic and whatever negative the mainstream media can dream up and since the nation has forgotten how to reason, those lies are accepted as truths.
In 2013, Dr. Ben Carson spoke at the Washington Prayer Breakfast and said, “PC is dangerous. In this country, one of the founding principles was freedom of thought and freedom of expression. (Political correctness) puts a muzzle on people.”
It was this speech, given with President Obama nearby on the dais that catapulted Carson into the conservative limelight. His entry into the 2016 presidential race was a direct result of the enormous approval he received for his much-needed statement.
During his campaign when asked how he could be on the board of Costco which offered benefits to gay couples he said, “There is no reason that you can't be perfectly fair to the gay community. They shouldn't automatically assume that because you believe that marriage is between one man and one woman that you are a homophobe.”
“This is one of the myths that the left perpetrates on our society, and this is how they frighten people and get people to shut up, that is what the PC culture is all about, and it’s destroying this nation. The fact of the matter is, we the American people are not each others enemies, it’s those people who are trying to divide us that are the enemies and we need to make that very clear to everybody.”
Naturally, the media has vilified Dr. Carson and Donald Trump, the most anti-PC candidate ever and is it any wonder that Trump is leading in the polls? Is the country finally getting sick of PC and what it has done to the country?
Under the feckless leadership of Barrack Obama, we have become a paper tiger with Russia’s Vladimir Putin continually testing our military resolve. The latest slap had his jets buzzing our aircraft carrier knowing full well we had orders to stand down. Standing down, bending down and bending over has become our nation’s status quo. Thanks to political correctness, all our responses to crises must be sensitive to the possible offenses to particular groups except those with traditional American values. Thus it is perfectly fine that Christian businesses can be sued for following their religious principles but Muslims should receive accommodations for their religion in public schools and areas forbidden to Judeo Christian standards.
How on earth did our nation become brainwashed by this madness? I suspect the process has been stewing for years.
In 1963, the House of Representatives unanimously consented entry into its Record of the Current Communist Goals, an excerpt from Cleon Skousen’s ‘The Naked Communist.’ Mr. Skousen was a former FBI agent who wrote his analysis of the Communist Manifesto. I do not know how valid his interpretation is but in perusing the 45 items he listed, most of these goals have already been achieved and explain how this decline in rational thinking and PC culture has succeeded.
#15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
I’ve only listed some of the 45 goals in Mr. Skousen’s book that are most evident in today’s climate. All are available via Google and other search engines. One is free to take Mr. Skousen’s book with a grain of salt but one can’t deny that what has taken place on today’s campuses bear evidence that the Marxist goals have been indoctrinated into the world of academia.
It is ironic that Skousen’s warning about communism was unanimously accepted by a then conservative Democrat Congress in 1963. Today’s Democrat party has been the one that has totally succumbed as predicted in #15 to political correctness. Not convinced? Just listen to Clinton and Sanders campaign speeches and wait for the words ‘hate’, anti-anything, racism, sexism and bigotry.
Now who are you going to vote for?