Rather than wait for his administration to have been in office one hundred days, set as the benchmark of a successful launch since FDR's New Deal, Donald Trump has amassed a record in his first six days that is truly impressive. One hundred days, at this pace, would be staggering.
Here's what he has done:
• Started process for approving Keystone and Dakota Access Pipeline
• Revoked US support for the TPP
• Ordered a hiring freeze in the executive branch
• Demanded that all politically appointed US Ambassadors resign at once.
• Signed an Executive Order making federal agencies interpret Obamacare regulations in the most flexible, consumer-friendly, and broad way possible, setting the stage for repeal
• Ordered a moratorium on new federal regulation
• Decided to meet British PM Theresa May to deepen trade bonds with the U.K. in the wake of Brexit.
• Ordered the Commerce Department to formulate "made in America" rules for all steel used on pipeline construction.
• Ordered a streamlined and expedited process for approval of infrastructure projects
• Reappointed James Comey, perhaps signaling a continuation of the Hillary investigation.
• Ordered an end to US aid to any international agency that promotes or provides abortion services,
• Freeze grant-giving by the federal EPA.
Wow. What a record for six days (including weekends). Any doubts that we have had about Trump's focus, concentration, management skill, or knowledge of the federal government should now have been set to rest.
And any doubt that he has meant what he said when he told us he was a solid conservative with deep red stripes running through his personal world view should erased as well. To sustain the pace he has set - without serious embarrassment or legal overreach - is truly stunning and most encouraging.
The news media won't cover the avalanche of executive actions except in a negative context. For them, the Trump Administration has been all about his claim that he lost the popular vote because illegals voted and about his comparisons of his inaugural crowds with Obama's. But these side shows have nothing to do with the real Trump Agenda that just keeps ploughing up Obama's misdeeds by the dozen.