• French voters re-elected Emmanuel Macron to a new five-year term as the president of France Sunday. French comics have it pretty easy with him. Emmanuel Macron is 44 years old, his first step-son is 47, his second step-son is 45, and his wife is 69, so technically he's the last-born in his own family.
• Elon Musk bought Twitter for forty-four billion dollars Monday promising to guarantee free speech on social media. This should be rollicking fun. If the newspaper was the evolution of the town crier and cable news was the evolution of the town square, Twitter is the evolution of the town drunk.
• Elon Musk upped his bid to forty-four billion to buy Twitter and end woke censorship on social media. It's provoked generational schism. I'm tired of social media supervision from woke pseudo hipsters in their Abercrombie & Fitch shirts who probably can't name one Abercrombie & Fitch album.
• The White House suggested the idea of legislation to control Big Tech after Musk's purchase of Twitter. The Left has used Twitter to control the news narrative for ten years but their control over social media has just ended. Elon Musk is the Democrats' worst nightmare, a Trump you can't impeach.
• Twitter's woke content moderators expressed their outrage Monday when Elon Musk's takeover was finalized. Remember when Progressives all wanted electric cars and loved Twitter? I sure hope it's a capitalist who invents a cure for cancer just so I can enjoy watching Progressives turn pro-tobacco
• The Wall Street Journal predicted Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter will force other social media, currently criticized for their insularity and arbitrary arrogance, to wider viewpoints. Elon Musk just gave free speech to Twitter users. Not to be outdone, Mark Zuckerberg is letting Facebook users eat cake.
• Twitter's return to free speech thanks to Musk's purchase led me to think of how Elon can solve other problems facing the U.S. For instance, Musk could solve the illegal immigration crisis if he bought Mexico. Democrats would shut down the border faster than Trump's first tweet hits the CNN airwaves.
• Forbes detailed CNN's disastrous investment in launching their CNN+ streaming service which was canceled after a month. Accountants say CNN spent thirty thousand dollars for each ten dollar subscriber to CNN+. It sounds like a guy who married his dream girl only to discover that she's Amber Heard.
• L.A. County Health Director Barbara Ferrer decided to defy a federal judge's ruling and reinstated mask mandates for public transportation. The mask isn't just a signifier of obedience to the state. My mask confesses my own white privilege and it protects pregnant Ukrainian men from climate change.