The Kosher Gourmet by Megan Gordon With its colorful cache of purples and oranges and reds, COLLARD GREEN SLAW is a marvelous mood booster --- not to mention just downright delish
April 18, 2014
Rabbi Yonason Goldson: Clarifying one of the greatest philosophical conundrums in theology
The Kosher Gourmet by Julie Rothman Almondy, flourless torta del re (Italian king's cake), has royal roots, is simple to make, . . . but devour it because it's simply delicious
: Trying hard to be 'positive' but never succeeding? Blame Your Brain
April 14, 2014
Rabbi Dr Naftali Brawer: Passover frees us from the tyranny of time
: First degree: How America really recovered from a murder epidemic
: When love is not enough: Teaching your kids about the realities of adult relationships
: How you can tell if your financial adviser is setting you up for potential ruin
: Up to 500,000 people die each year from hepatitis C-related liver disease. New Treatment Has Over 90% Success Rate
: Eating Watermelon Can Help Control High Blood Pressure
April 11, 2014
Rabbi Hillel Goldberg: Silence is much more than golden
: How to value a child for who he is, not just what he does
: A Simple Blood Test Might Soon Diagnose Cancer
: Have A Slow Metabolism? Let Science Speed It Up For You
April 9, 2014
Jonathan Tobin: Why Did Kerry Lie About Israeli Blame?
Samuel G. Freedman
: A resolution 70 years later for a father's unsettling legacy of ashes from Dachau
: A resolution 70 years later for a father's unsettling legacy of ashes from Dachau
: How Beans, Peas, And Chickpeas Cleanse Bad Cholesterol and Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
April 8, 2014
Coffee Drinkers Rejoice! Your Cup Of Joe Can Prevent Death From Liver Disease
Electric 'Thinking Cap' Puts Your Brain Power Into High Gear
April 4, 2014
A life of love: How to build lasting relationships with your children
Older Women: Save Your Heart, Prevent Stroke Don't Drink Diet
Why 50 million Americans will still have spring allergies after taking meds
Teacher keeps promise to mail thousands of former students letters written by their past selves
April 2, 2014
Should South Carolina Jews be forced to maintain this chimney built by Germans serving the Nazis?
Get happy: 20 scientifically proven happiness activities
It's Genetic! Obesity and the 'Carb Breakdown' Gene
Jewish World Review
Jay Ambrose Archives
06/30/21: The unacknowledged war with Russia
06/16/21: Biden and the border
06/09/21: Black Americans can overcome affirmative action
05/23/21: Israel is not guilty
05/13/21: The Biden compassion threat
05/03/21: Handicapping Biden's excuses
04/21/21: The threat of unions to workers
04/13/21: No All-Star Game in Georgia. China maybe?
04/05/21: The comprehensive challenge to America
02/23/21: Don't play softball with Iran
02/17/21: Destroying those they're sworn to protect
02/04/21: Minimum sense could defeat minimum wage hike
01/27/21: The progressive disunity project
01/08/21: After the anti-Trump party couldn't figure out the language, kept up the tall tales and then dug up another slipshod accusation
01/06/21: For the past four years Dems have commited just about every illicit trick in the book to get rid of a duly-elected president
12/24/20: Boy, does Trump have a present for you this Christmas
12/07/20: An election that really, really counts
12/01/20: Put on the handcuffs, hide under the bed and stay there
11/20/20: The party of never-ending hypocrisy
11/17/20: Utterly amazing that, no matter what Trump accomplishes, he hasn't done it, at least not in the eyes of regressive progressives
11/10/20: The absorption with polling
11/02/20: Looking ahead to progressive regression
10/27/20: Some things to scream about
10/16/20: Save the court and save America
10/07/20: You can't debate the confusion of 2020
10/01/20: The predators and the prey
09/14/20: Trump deserves the Nobel Prize
09/09/20: Is it time to forget Benjamin Franklin?
08/25/20: A convention to remember
08/03/20: Who's responsible for protest violence?
Where's Pelosi when you need her?
07/28/20: Hey, BLM: Time to heed the John Lewis example
07/20/20: Carlson, Duckworth sparring could be sign of things to come
07/01/20: Slavery is all that America is about?
06/23/20: The Supreme Court in danger
05/25/20: The neglected truth: Obama, Cuomo, Trump
05/19/20: Phonics --- one of America's top issues
05/11/20: Hornets, politicians and Michael Flynn
04/21/20: Health agency should stick to health
04/20/20: Don't forget 'deaths of despair'
04/12/20: Will socialism follow the virus?
04/03/20: Nancy Pelosi strikes again
03/27/20: Capitalism v. coronavirus
03/23/20: The world turned upside down
03/18/20: A debate to disremembers
02/28/20: The future Sanders wants
02/21/20: Barr was right, the left was wrong
02/11/20: No, Trump is not going to be a dictator
02/10/20: The new Dem standard: Less scary than Sanders?
02/07/20: The art of ripping things up
02/04/20: The bad -- and good -- of Joe Biden
01/27/20: Dems get free TV ad in impeachment proceedings
01/20/20: Diminishing Dems in denial
01/10/20: Reaching a deal with Dems on Iran?
01/06/20: It's 2020 and let's start fixing things
12/13/19: Lies can kill people and our presence in Afghanistan is an example
12/09/19: The Three Stooges take on Alec Baldwin
11/28/19: Happy Thanksgiving, and remember that Mary had a little lamb
11/20/19: From Rayburn to Pelosi to interesting questions
11/19/19: Who is really corrupt in impeachment proceedings?
11/08/19: Defeating Mexican drug cartels with hugs
11/04/19: An impeachment enemy within?
10/31/19: How Pierre Delecto let us down
10/24/19: William Barr is right about religion
10/17/19: Trump still not as bad as the Dems
10/13/19: Third whistleblower steps up: me
09/29/19: Could it be that the Ukrainian president feared Biden more than Trump?
09/05/19: Hey, America: Hong Kong's worth imitating
08/15/19: Dems at war with peace
08/05/19: Racist ruse? Trump and MS-13
06/24/19: Biden's foremost attribute is that he appears to be sane. In Dem world, that's apparently a problem
06/21/19: How Dems harm immigrants
06/05/19: Whomping Trump could whomp democracy
05/03/19: Why Biden should apologize to Clarence Thomas
04/25/19: The Elizabeth Warren threat
04/18/19: Will rich-guy Sanders finally realize capitalism works?
04/11/19: Judges should give America a chance
04/04/19: Biden hugs, Harris ruins live
03/22/19: How Beto O' could become president
02/05/19: Why Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez deserves our gratitude
01/18/19: FBI, probe thyself
12/31/18: The (other) American shutdown(s)
10/18/18: Scared leftists are on the path to destruction
10/10/18: Conservatives are the real liberals
10/08/18: Is the #MeToo movement itself a threat?
09/28/18: The logical contradiction of Trump's enemies
09/13/18: Controlling presidents with in-house watchdogs
09/06/18: What's it to be, Kavanaugh or hokum
08/14/18: Even if called a racist, Trump makes life better for black Americans
08/08/18: Can realistic rationality do effective battle with misplaced idealism or the appeal of freebies that are not free?
06/25/18: Another issue of separating children from parents
05/28/18: Trump and the scourge of 'inhuman humans'
05/18/18: Are today's college graduates capable and cultivated?
05/11/18: Kicking George Washington out of church
05/07/18: Some questions for Robert Mueller
04/12/18: The outstanding Paul Ryan departs
03/22/18: Trump is guilty even if proved innocent
03/05/18: Fatherless' fruit: How America's safety suffers
01/15/18: Will immigration benefit from Trump's deal?
01/08/18: On stopping crime, Obama failed and Trump succeeded
12/08/17: The right not to design a cake
11/30/17: Fighting back against the administrative state
11/20/17: Is the Uranium One scandal merely bosh?
10/26/17: Trump helps recovery from Obama
08/24/17: Toward a Trump rectification
08/17/17: The North Korean threat: Presidential malpractice?
08/10/17: Is Trump's merit-based immigration plan a wily move --- or something very different?
06/22/17: Gun control is fine except for not working
06/06/17: Judges' anti-Trump end does not justify their means
05/11/17: Ironies and hard truth in the Comey firing
04/20/17: A China deal to remember?
04/16/17: Can Trump mend Obama's Middle East errors?
04/06/17: Trump, the alert environmentalist
03/23/17: Gorsuch wins the day
03/16/17: Trump internal struggles --- and America's future
03/09/17: Trump's collusion with Russia
03/02/17: Hope and change --- and Trump
02/28/17: How to build paranoia
02/10/17: DeVos arrives just in time to help rescue our schools
02/02/17: A 'Hispanic hunt' --- and a Muslim one
12/27/16: Get ready for a two-president nation
12/26/16: Clinton excuses that don't work
12/15/16: Russian hacking should not lead to whacking America
12/13/16: The left's hate affair with free speech
12/08/16: How Trump saves the world
12/01/16: A whole lot of riggin' going on
11/29/16: Trump's sane immigration plan
11/23/16: Critics give Trump's excesses run for the money
11/14/16: Anti-Trump protestors going too far
10/28/16: Clinton teaches unity, or does she?
10/23/16: Blissful -- and strategic -- ignorance by Dems and their media sycophants
10/20/16: How the left has matched Trump's gaffes
10/10/16: More disunity needed in Congress
09/19/16: Sexism, health and Hillary
09/15/16: Some journalistic fumbles
09/12/16: 9/11 not over yet, Mr. Kerry
09/06/16: Some things to worry about
08/29/16: Don't forget the good the Clinton Foundation does, for Russia, for instance
08/18/16: The good and bad of Clinton economic planning
08/11/16: Obama's secrecy mission will continue if unchecked
07/22/16: Trump supporters making sense
07/05/16: A Fourth of July coincidence that teaches a lot
06/17/16: Obama the gun salesman
05/17/16: Trump, Clinton or someone who can do the job?
04/25/16: How the 'establishment' really works
04/14/16: Lesson for an administration: You don't help by hurting
03/03/16: Is America falling apart?
02/25/16: Rubio's the answer
02/22/16: Saving the Supreme Court the right way
/11/05/15: How do we save education?
08/11/15: Three strikes for the Obama climate change plan
08/04/15: How to shut up disliked opinions
07/20/15: Rick Perry walks his talk on race
07/14/15: After doing the Bernie math, which few seem to bother with, Sanders' calculations should leave us perplexed --- and very troulbed
07/06/15: The Hillary Clinton plan to end Social Security
06/22/15: Should Hillary Clinton find a new song?
06/15/15: Feds get tough on the innocent
06/08/15: How higher education gets lower all the time
06/01/15: Will robots put you out of work?
05/18/15: Dems defeat American good in trade vote, for now
04/17/15: The Clinton saga: Fascinating to watch, hard to endure
04/03/15: Reid the political pugilist punched the wrong things
03/26/15: Death wishes for America vie with Obama's hope
03/23/15: Why companies like Uber can give us an uber future
03/12/15: Despite liberals, workers get new rights
03/05/15: An Obama legacy of less freedom and more danger?
02/27/15: Getting the political story wrong
02/09/15: Don't let Obama plan your car purchase
01/22/15: President's cutesy speech omitted looming entitlement crisis
01/12/15: Obama helped by staying out of the way, but here he comes
01/05/15: 2014 solutions that made things worse
12/29/14: What about an Obama-Ryan team to save the poor?
12/08/14: Using art to fix climate change
12/01/14: Time for Obama to listen
11/24/14: The new, scary, up and at 'em Obama
11/10/14: GOP victories an opportunity for Obama
11/03/14: GOPers must respond to hate and leftist analyses with poise and savvy and pray the elections aren't stolen
10/23/14: A chance to make the Senate better?
09/18/14: Dem Done It, Again
08/22/14: The assault on Perry is an assault on America
08/15/14: A GOP war on poverty?
07/16/14: Skip the kumbaya. Let's wish for a more stable world
07/04/14: When Obama does it, does that make it legal?
06/26/14: Be inhibited, timid and shut up, Americans
06/19/14: How Obama increases risks
06/12/14: Immigration cruelties of the 'compassionate' sort
05/22/14: Isn't it time to pick on Piketty?
05/15/14: Common Core is a major risk widely misunderstood and should be abandoned
04/24/14: Some Earth Day boos and cheers
04/10/14: Picky, picky, picky? No, serious, serious, serious
04/03/14: Checks and balances are not working
03/27/14: Bill Clinton does freedom a favor
03/20/14: The desperate need for liberal compassion
03/13/14: Shrivel the military and watch out
03/06/14: A return of the Cold War --- really?
02/20/14: At war with an economic solution
02/13/14: Journalism's extremes meet in Russia
02/06/14: How Obama could rescue millions from poverty
01/30/14: State of the . . . Presidency
01/23/14: Getting everything wrong about media
01/16/14: New York's left turn could lead to crash
12/27/13: The war on common sense
12/19/13: Compromise to the rescue
12/12/13: In-your-face governmental bullying? You bet your life
11/29/13: Filibuster flattened, GOP aroused
11/21/13: Single-payer health insurance a singularly bad idea
11/13/13: JFK proved charisma doesn't mean much
11/06/13: Ideology rules the roost, wrongly
10/30/13: Obamacare problem was hubris, ideological fixations, taking on too much, doing too much secretively, making bad deals and telling lies. Here are some
10/22/13: Next up: Entitlements threaten to shut down U.S. future
09/25/13: The harm of ObamaCare does not justify a shutdown
09/18/13: Ethanol push makes frighteningly little sense
09/11/13: In Syria debate, will Obama defeat himself?
08/21/13: Frisk constitutionally, but frisk
08/14/13: Obama delivers a blow to minority students
08/07/13: Can Amazon's Bezos save Washington Post?
07/24/13: Detroit becomes a valuable warning
07/17/13: The profiling of George Zimmerman
07/10/13: Obama says Earth warm, may think it's flat
07/03/13: Senate immigration bill borders on reckless
06/26/13: Fake 'hero' must be caught and tried
06/19/13: With crime, control works --- just not the one considered the magical solution
06/12/13: What happened to the anti-Bush? Reality happened
06/05/13: Obama crosses bridge before coming to it
05/29/13: Biting the Apple: Nothing infuriates neo-socialist curmudgeons more than free enterprise of the vigorous, corporate kind expanding the reach of our lives
05/22/13: Evidence tells us the administrative state can be grotesquely unfair, unconstitutional, self-contradictory, unspeakably autocratically intrusive, stupid and morally repulsive
05/15/13: It's raining cats, dogs and scandals
05/08/13: Grads, heed Jefferson, not Obama
05/01/13: Letting planes fly on time
04/24/13: How about having a poetry century?
03/28/13: TV news can give you the blues
03/20/13: We're upside down and debt crash is coming
03/13/13: Stock market is downright perky. Blame the corporations
03/06/13: Bloomberg rivals Carrie Nation
02/27/13: The Wily One is proving in polls that it's no toughie to fool lots of people most of the time
02/20/13: On Obama, swans, goulash and invisibility
02/13/13: Drones and hypocrisy
01/30/13: The Nixonian Obama
01/23/13: Is Obama making JFK-style mistakes?
01/02/13: Kerry nomination emblematic of woes coming
12/26/12: Hollywood beats Harvard in history?
12/12/12: Immigration issues solve themselves
12/06/12: Durbin's deficiency
11/29/12: Man of the century
11/21/12: A big scandal coming?
11/14/12: U.S. should follow the Swedish path
11/07/12: Hanging from a poll
• 10/31/12: A dream that wouldn't come true
• 10/29/12: When the 'kooks' and 'racists' turn out to be your ideological allies
• 10/24/12: The pettiness refuge
• 10/18/12: An interruption that tells a bigger tale
• 10/17/12: A recovery that wasn't
• 10/12/12: Big Bird squabble points to something real
• 10/11/12: The 'war' you don't hear about --- the one on average Americans
• 08/22/12: Obama leadership: Romney's returns trump road to recovery
• 08/15/12: Saving Medicare the Ryan way
• 08/01/12: Combatting free speech
• 07/25/12: Good and bad reactions to Colorado horror
• 07/18/12: Apology time for Obama
• 07/16/12: Free markets solve climate change threats
• 07/11/12: Humans and particles and those who would order them
• 07/06/12: Why we'll miss Andy Griffith
• 07/05/12: All will feel Affordable Care Act's bite
• 07/02/12: A social solution --- homes with dads
• 06/27/12: Being a 'nation of immigrants' is not an excuse
• 06/20/12: Barack Obama the autocrat
• 06/18/12: Bradbury's lessons for today
• 06/13/12: Should this leaking administration sink?
• 06/11/12: Simpson bashes back on reform
• 06/05/12: Legalize sugary drinks, ban dangerous drugs
• 06/04/12: Keep America from going Greek
• 06/01/12: Don't believe in Obama's fairy tales
• 05/30/12: Writing a book? Beats prison
• 05/23/12: Student loans fail students
• 05/21/12: Europeanizing America into crisis
• 05/16/12: Obama a bully, too
• 05/15/12: Walker recall vote could swing national pension policy
• 05/07/12: Bumbling, fumbling, benighted, old Washington near tipping point where freedom is done for
• 05/02/12: The Communists cannot be happy
• 04/30/12: There's no objective truth, least of all concerning behavior
• 04/25/12: Forgive the extremist?
• 04/23/12: Educational excellence is a game
• 04/18/12: Obama's interventions help a few by the most autocratic, complicated, ineffective means possible, yet hurt many more
• 04/16/12: Overregulation strikes again: The nanny state threatens to turn us into children
• 04/11/12: Obama is not bonkers
• 04/04/12: Will America vote against authoritarianism?
• 04/02/12: 'Tipping point' on federal restraint approaches
• 03/28/12: Obama truth from an open mike
• 03/21/12: The progressive campaign for voter fraud
• 03/19/12: Public pensions will get us if we don't watch out
• 03/14/12: Politics needs reporting, not speculation
• 03/12/12: Home of the free, the brave, the endangered
• 03/07/12: Obama used Limbaugh as scapegoat
• 03/05/12: Campaign substance lost in media melodrama
• 03/01/12: When Big Brother drowns
• 02/24/12: Obama goes gaseous on gas
• 02/22/12: Political tears for trust in personal empowerment --- except in the bedroom
• 02/17/12: Of cut-off ears and silenced mouths
• 02/15/12: Obama is a joke whose antics aren't funny
• 02/10/12: An energy boom looms, despite Obama
• 02/08/12: Obama's assault on faith
• 02/03/12: Can Romney get serious?
• 01/27/12: Obama is like an Italian ship captain
• 01/25/12: Newt Gingrich's first 100 days
• 01/20/12: Obama's Keystone pipeline lies
• 01/18/12: Critics worse than urinating Marines
• 01/13/12: Ron Paul is a cartoonish character
• 01/11/12: Newt Gingrich upset by Mitt Romney's brilliance
• 01/09/12: How about regulating presidents, too?
• 01/04/12: How America smothers itself
• 12/30/11: A tax break that helps break the nation
• 12/28/11: Watch out for the banana peel, Newt
• 12/21/11: A tale of two men
• 12/16/11: Strange happenings in Russia
• 12/14/11: Tim Tebow is a man of character
• 12/09/11: A populist, envy-mongering fraud divisively exacerbating resentment among different groups of Americans
• 12/07/11: Tax games threaten nation
• 12/05/11: Why Wal-Mart serves us better than Barney Frank
• 11/30/11: Not writing off Newt
• 11/28/11: Answers to the Iranian threat
• 11/23/11: Failure of the incumbency investment
• 11/18/11: Occupiers: Chop off their heads!
• 11/16/11: Obama asks jobless to sacrifice
• 11/09/11: Michael Moore's insufferable occupation
• 11/04/11: Political tipping point is coming
• 11/02/11: Idealogues versus 7 billion
• 10/28/11: Obama games on student loans
• 10/26/11: Wit and quick moves v. humanity and thoroughgoing honesty? It's no contest - or at least shouldn't be
• 10/07/11: Baptists, bootleggers and Wall Street protesters
• 10/05/11: Federal law will get you even if you watch out
• 09/28/11: Leftist bugbears on the march
• 09/23/11: Still hope for coal to help us
• 09/21/11: Obama's Madoff ploy
• 09/19/11: U.S. can't afford to wait until it happens
• 09/14/11: Defending -- and strengthening -- gung ho collectivism
• 09/12/11: A pipeline to better times
• 09/08/11: Obama just keeps destroying jobs
• 09/06/11: Ultra-feminists thwarting justice
• 08/31/11: Corporations are people? Yes, Count the ways
• 08/26/11: What an earthquake tells us about debt
• 08/25/11: The tyranny of scientific consensus
• 08/23/11: Fracking hardly a public health threat
• 08/17/11: Why Obamacare won't control births
• 08/15/11: Balanced budget amendment unbalanced idea
• 08/10/11: Kerry's war on citizen speech
• 08/05/11: Upside to the compromise leaving the door open for obnoxious maneuvers
• 08/03/11: The people who may save America
• 07/29/11: On making deals, Obama is no LBJ
• 07/27/11: The threat behind the debt
• 07/23/11: Mean opposition to means-testing
• 07/20/11: Leftist babble makes debt crisis even worse
• 07/18/11: Time to raise demagoguery ceiling
• 07/13/11: Obama treating treaties badly
• 07/08/11: Is decline of U.S. exaggerated?
• 07/05/11: Not math deficiency, but demagoguery