• New Orleans city workers hauled away the forty-foot-high statue of Jefferson Davis from a downtown park. The anguish could be felt all the way to Washington. All week long the Democrats have been yelling for the president's removal but they didn't mean for it to be a Democrat.
• Senate Democrats demanded a special counsel to probe President Trump for firing Jim Comey. It makes little difference overall. If Comey had thrown the election to Hillary instead of Trump, we'd be in the middle of her impeachment trial right now, so we only lost about six months.
• Senate Democrats called for Jim Comey to be fired and then that afternoon demanded President Trump be impeached for firing Jim Comey. It's a sickness. If Trump came out in favor of Obamacare, the Democrats would move to impeach him for colluding with Blue Cross.
• President Trump explained his decision to fire Jim Comey in an interview with Lester Holt of NBC News. During the interview, Trump characterized the fired FBI director as a showboat and grandstander. He would have added drama queen, but of course there was only one J. Edgar Hoover.
• President Trump scoffed at liberal fury over his firing of Jim Comey whom Democrats wanted fired since he cost Hillary the election. Looking at the way the liberals reacted to Comey's firing, Trump should come out in favor of illegal immigration. The liberals would demand mass deportations.
• Chuck Schumer called for a special counsel to probe Trump's campaign ties to Russia about which Trump say he knows nothing. It's crazy. For two years, Democrats have said Trump doesn't know anything, and now that Trump says he didn't know anything, the Democrats don't believe him.
• Barack Obama took some heat from Democrats for his four hundred thousand dollar speeches. Former presidents have many opportunities to make money. It was reported in Publisher's Weekly Tuesday that Bill Clinton is writing a crime novel, it's called My Life with Hillary.
• Austria's High Court delivered a major blow to free speech Tuesday when the judges ordered Facebook to delete all the hate speech from FB pages. It's a new low for Facebook. How bad is it when they country that gave us Adolf Hitler is offended by the speech that you allow on your website?
• The L.A. School District reaffirmed its resolution to have sanctuary schools Tuesday. Teachers may not inquire about a student's family's immigration status. However, it's bound to come up during conversation during the third date when students bring the teacher home to meet their parents.
• Democratic Millenials drew howls of laughter from Baby Boomers when they compared Trump to Nixon on cable news shows Wednesday. What was America like in the early 70s? Richard Nixon was venal, he was anti-Semitic and he freely used the N-word, and he was the Progressive Republican.
• NASA explained Monday that the sonic booms that rocked South Florida Sunday were due to a super-sonic unmanned Air Force spy plane returning to earth after two years in space. It landed at Cape Canaveral. Out of habit, United Airlines guards boarded the plane to look for unruly passengers.
• North Korean media reported Sunday that the U.S. was complicit in a plot against North Korea's dictator Kim Jung Un. The CIA concurs. U.S. Navy SEALs were going to land on the roof of the palace, rappel down to Kim's suite, enter the window, tie him down, and then give him a grown man's haircut.
• Bernie Sanders' wife Jane is under FBI probe for bank fraud for lying on a loan application she made to keep the liberal college which she ran from going under. Still the school went under last year. The struggle highlights the battle between socialism and its most implacable enemy, arithmetic.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
JWR contributor Argus Hamilton is the host comedian at The Comedy Store in
Hollywood. To comment or arrange for speaking engagements.
Comment by clicking here.