• Dr. Fauci accused a senator of endangering his life and refused to answer a question pointing to evidence that Covid originated in the Wuhan lab he'd supported. His alarm bell is starting to wear out. Dr. Fauci warned that if you think things are bad now, the next variant plays the accordian.
• Australia officials are now investigating if Novak Djokovic lied on his travel form in which he said he hadn't traveled to another country since he left the U.S. for Australia. It's against the law. If they can prove that Novak committed a crime overseas, it's ten points toward Australian citizenship.
• The Baltimore Sun reports Maryland doctors performed the world's first successful transplant operation replacing a man's heart with the heart of a pig. So it's a story that involves both good news and bad news. The Maryland handyman is doing well but he's no longer welcome at the mosque.
• The Chicago Teachers Union ordered teachers off the job a third day Thursday and teach kids their daily lessons by remote Zoom classes. As long as schools are closed, it looks like Chicago students will just have to learn how to avoid gunfire at home. Why is that not a Milton Bradley home game?
• President Biden posted a video from Delaware flanked by his wife wishing Americans a happy and healthy New Year for 2022. The past year 2021 was full of shocking surprises all the way to the end. This time last year, who would've thought that Ghislaine Maxwell would outlive Betty White?