June 17, 2013
June 12, 2013
Stephanie Hanes: Little girls or little women? The Disney princess effect
Fred Weir: In tweak to US, Russia would 'consider' asylum for Snowden
June 10, 2013
The Kosher Gourmet by Anjali Prasertong: A tart filling so good it might not make it to the crust
June 5, 2013
John Rosemond: Mom, Dad: Talk More and listen less
Egypt court sentences 43 pro-democracy workers to prison
June 3, 2013
Molly Hennessy-Fiske: Military judge to consider letting Fort Hood shooting defendant represent himself
May 29, 2013
Andrew Connelly and Helene Bienvenu: The Little Synagogue that Refused to Die
May 24, 2013
Rabbi Tzvi Hersh Weinreb: When I didn't so 'humbly disagree'
May 22, 2013
They launched the 'Arab Spring' but now yearn for the good old days of a strongman
May 20, 2013
Richard A. Serrano: Is Meir Kahane's assassin now a changed man?
Genetic copies of living people from embryos no longer science fiction
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom :
The Kosher Gourmet by Cathy Pollak:
Jews Inducted into Rock Hall of Fame; Anton Yelchin co-stars in New "Trek" film; Kutcher (but not Kunis) visits Israel; Jewish TV Star Praises Jewish Rap Star
WARNING: This WALNUT CAKE WITH PRALINE FROSTING, perfect for afternoon coffee, is addicting
Jewish World Review
May 24, 2005
/ 15 Iyar, 5765
Portfolio of a Non-Reformer
Some Democrats are virulently against allowing citizens to invest their money privately instead of throwing it into Social Security. Yet they don’t trust their retirement nest egg to Social Security; instead, they invest it in stocks, bonds, and land holdings. Take a look at the assets held by some of the most prominent opponents of Social Security, and ask yourself: If they want to privately invest their money, why are they trying to prevent us from doing so?
Assets Held by Rep. Chuck Rangel, D-NY
• 74 West 132nd St., New York City, NY,
• Villa, Punta Cana Beach, Dominican Republic
• Metropolitan Life Insurance
• Chase Manhattan Congressional Federal Credit Union
• Greenpoint Bank
• M & T Bank
• Merrill Lynch Account
• Essex National Securities
• Pepsico, Inc.
• AIM Global Technology
• ING Principal Protection Fund
• Alana Muni Income Fund
• New York Port Authority
• Cash / money accounts
Assets Held By Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-MA
• Fleet Bank, Boston, MA
• Citibank, New York, NY
• January 27, 1926 Trusts, Joseph P. Kennedy, Grantor
• FBO Edward M. Kennedy, New York, NY
• FBO Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. New York, NY
• FBO Kathleen K. Hartington, New York, New York
• November 28, 1936 Trust, Joseph P. Kennedy, Grantor
• FBO Edward M. Kennedy, New York, NY
• Edward M. Kennedy Blind Trust, March 13, 1978, Washington DC
• Edward M. Kennedy 1987 Blind Trust, September 23, 1987, Los Angeles, CA
• Edward M. Kennedy 1997 Trust, Funds invested include:
1. Fidelity Massachusetts Municipal Income Fund
2. Scudder Massachusetts Tax Free Fund
3. Dreyfus/Laurel FDS Inc. S&P 500 Index Fund (Mutual Fund)
4. Fidelity Spartan 500 Index Fund (Mutual Fund)
• DFA Investment Dimensions Group, Inc. Mutual Fund (IRA)
• Goldman Sachs TR Strategic Growth FDCL Institutional Mutual Fund (IRA)
• PBGH FDS Inc. Clipper Focus Fund Mutual Fund (IRA)
• RS Investment TR Microcap Growth Fund Mutual Fund (IRA)
• Bank of America, Washington, DC
• Fidelity Investments (Mutual Fund) Boston, MA (IRA)
• Funds invested include:
1. Fidelity Blue Chip Growth Fund
2. Fidelity Contra Fund
3. Spartan US Equity Index Fund
• Fidelity Investments (Mutual fund), Boston, MA. Funds invested include:
1. Fidelity Blue Chip Growth Fund
2. Fidelity Contra Fund
3. Fidelity Intermediate Bond Fund
4. Fidelity Municipal Money Market Fund
• Undeveloped Land in Lafayette, LA
Assets of Senator Harry Reid, D-NV
• Wells Fargo Money Market Checking Account
• Arkport NY Cent. School Dist Municipal Bonds
• Clark Co. Hospital Municipal Bonds
• Gregory Portland, Tex. Indpt. School Municipal Bonds
• Henderson, NV DTD Municipal Bonds
• Illinois State GO Bonds
• Maine Mun. Bd Municipal Bonds
• Mansfield, Tx. Indpt. Municipal Bonds
• Multnomah Cnty. OR Municipal Bonds
• Northbrook, IL Park Dist. Ser. A Municipal Bonds
• Oregon State GO Municipal Bonds
• Maricopa Cnty AZ Unified DTD School Dist. 80 Municipal Bonds
• Assets Listed Below are assets of Reid Ltd. Pension and Profit Sharing Trusts
o American Intl. Group, Inc.
o Amgen, Incl.
o Anheuser Busch Cos. Inc.
o Bank of America Corp.
o Bed Bath and Beyond, Inc.
o Cardinal Health, Inc.
o ChevronTexaco Corp.
o Cisco Systems, Inc.
o Citigroup, Inc.
o Danaher Corp.
o Dell Computer corp.
o Diageo PLC-ADR
o Ecolab, Inc.
o Exxon Mobil Corp.
o Federated Investors
o First Data Corp.
o Fortune Brands, Inc.
o Freddie Mac
o General Electric Co.
o Golden West Financial Corp.
o Harley Davidson, Inc.
o HCA Inc.
o Home Depot Inc.
o Intel Corp.
o Intelli-Check, Inc.
o International Bus. Mach. Corp.
o Johnson and Johnson
o JP Morgan Chase Co.
o Kohls Corp.
o Maxim Integrated Prods. Inc.
o MBIA Inc.
o McGraw Hill Companies, Inc.
o Medtronic Inc.
o Microsopft Corp.
o Midcap S & P Dep Rec TR United SR 1
o Pepsico Inc.
o Pfizer Inc.
o Procter and Gamble Co.
o SBC Communications, Inc.
o Sysco Corp.
o Target Corp.
o Texas Instruments, Inc.
o United Health Group, Inc.
o United Technologies, Corp.
o US Bancorp Del New
o Verizon Communications
o Wal Mart Stores, Inc.
o Walgreen Co.
o Wells Fargot Money Market Fund
o Cushman #1 Patented Claim, 17.75 acres, more or less.
o 50% interest, Dubuque Patented Claim
o 89% interest in the Elvira, Birdie, and Mesa Patented Claims
o 50 % interest in Part of Parcel III, Lot 10, Searchlight, NV
o 54.1% interest in 55.10 acres, more or less of Patent Survey 2605
o 22.5% interest (held in part as trustee) in 2 parcels in Iron Co. UT
o Patent Survey No. 3902, Oro Flame, Perro Lode, Searchlight, NV, equaling 2.65ac. More or less of Govt. Lot 4.
o Lot 19, Section 27, Township 28 South, Range 63 MDBM including mobile home equaling 4.68 acres, more or less
o A portion of the Iron Clad Lode
o 50% interest in Government lot 10.
o Patented Mining Claims in Searchlight, NV, 75 ac. M/l
o Parcel 1 in Section 31, Twp. 21 South, Range 60 East, MDBM.
o A 47% interest in Parcel 2 in Section 31 Twp. 21 Sou. Range 60 East, MDBM
Assets listed below are assets of Reid Ltd, Pension and Profit Sharing Trusts
o 160 Acres, more or less, in Bullhead City, AZ.
o Lots 19, 20-24, Block B, Grant Central Addition, Searchlight, Clark Co., NV
o Demand note from Harry Reid
o 37.5% interest in 55.10 acre parcel. Patent Survey 2605
o Crown King Mine in Searchlight, NV
o Note and Deed of Trust from Sandra Durgin secured by .85 ac, more or less of the Mesa Claim, Searchlight, NV.
Assets of Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-CA
• 1600 Atlas Peak Road, Napa, CA
• 235 Twelve Inc.— LLC Common Stock (Now 235 Second Twelve Inc.—LLC)
• 25 Point Lobos, San Francisco, CA — Commercial Property
• 45 Belden Place, San Francisco, CA — Four Story Commercial building
• 723 Mule Ears Court, Norden, CA — Townhome
• 820 Sir Francis Drake Blvd., San Anselmo, CA—Commercial Property
• Access Technology Partners, LP
• Adaytum Software, Inc.-Common Stock
• Advanced Fiber Communications, Public Common Stock
• Agile Software
• Alliance Gaming Corp. — Public Common Stock
• Alter Ego — Common Stock
• Amazon.com — Public Common Stock
• America’s Doctors.com — Common Stock
• Aplion.com — Common Stock
• Apogee Networks, Inc. — Common Stock (now evident — common stock)
• Aristotle Publishing, Inc. — Common Stock
• Ashlar, Inc. — Common Stock
• AT&T Public — Common Stock
• Atipa Fund B (See Oculan Corp)
• Attenza, LLC — Common Stock
• Auberge du Soleil, Rutherford, CA — Owns resort hotel
• Avaya — Public Common Stock
• Bank of America, San Francisco
• Bank of America, Washington, DC
• Beacon Education Management — Common Stock
• BF Enterprises — Common Stock
• Borel Estate Company — Owns shopping center
• Briazz — Public Common Stock
• Broadcom Corp. — Public Common Stock
• Broadway Property, San Francisco, CA — Real Estate Option
• Builder’s Info. Group — Common Stock (Formerly Netclerk)
• Bullhorn (Formerly Bridgepath LLC — Common Stock)
• Calico Commerce — Public Common Stock
• Chalone Wine Group, Ltd.
• Cierra Photonics — Common Stock
• Cisco Systems, Inc. — Common Stock
• CMGI, Inc. — Common Stocks
• Co-Net (Formerly Simplexis.com) — Common Stock
• Coach, Inc. — Public common stock
• Collab.net — Common Stock
• Collaborative Group — Common Stock
• ComCast — Public Common Stock
• Command Audio — Common Stock
• Commerce One, Inc. — Common Stock
• Congressional Credit Union, Washington, DC
• CopperCom, Inc. — Common Stock
• Covalent Technologies — Common Stock
• Critical Path Inc. — Public Common Stock
• Currenex — Common Stock (Formerly FX Trades)
• Digital Fountain — Common Stock
• Digital Intelligence (Now Picture IQCorp)
• EDI Associates, Mill Valley, CA — Hotel Investment
• Emulex — Public Common Stock
• Engage, Inc. — Common Stock
• Evident — Common Stock (Formerly Apogee)
• Fastnet — Common Stock
• Financial Leasing Services, S.F., CA — Investment company
• Forty-Five Belden Corp., S.F., CA — Investment Company
• Genetope Corp. — Public Common Stock
• Getty Images, Inc. — Public Common Stock
• Granite Ventures, LP
• Guru.com — Common Stock (now Unicru)
• IKnowMed Systems, Inc.
• Infospace, Inc. — Public common stock
• Interloci, LLC — Public Common Stock
• Internap Delaware — Common Stock (formerly Internap Network Services)
• Internap Network Services, LLC — Common Stock (Now Internap Delaware)
• Internet Cap. Group — Public Stock
• Intraop, LLC — Common Stock
• Japan Partners — Common Stock (AKA Isochron Data Corp.)
• Jet Blue Air — Public Common Stock
• Johnson & Johnson — Public Common Stock
• Learning Techonolgies, Inc.— Common Stock
• LEG Partners, III, LP — Common Stock
• Liberate Technologies — Public Common Stock
• Lionis Gate Limited Partnership (Cordavalle) — Golf Development Partnership
• Lucent Techonolgies — Public Common Stock (Formerly Nexabit)
• LuxN, LLC — Common Stock
• McGrath Rentcorp, Inc. — Public Common Stock
• Microsoft Corp. — Public Common Stock
• MontaVista, LLC — Common Stock
• Mosher Partners, LP, Sacramento, CA — Real Estate Partnership
• Natelli Communities — Real Estate Partnership
• Nautilus Leasing Services — Container leasing company
• Navis Holdings, LLC — Common Stock
• Net2Phone, Inc. — Public Common Stock
• Netcessity — Common Stock
• NetSchools Corp. — Common Stock (Now Plato—Common Stock)
• Niku Corp. — Public Common Stock
• Niman Ranch — Common Stock
• Nine Forty Five Battery, LLC, San Francisco, CA — Real Estate Partnership
• Nine Hundred One Battery, San Francisco, CA — Real Estate Partnership
• Oakwood Homes Corp — Bonds
• Oculan Corp — Common Stock
• Odyssey, LLC — Common stock
• Orlimar, LLC — Common Stock
• Overstock.com — Public Common Stock
• Pacific Island Resources LLC — Common Stock
• Piatti Restaurant Co., Tiburon, CA — Restaurant Opening Company
• Picture IQ Corp. — Common Stock (AKA Digital Intelligence)
• Plato — Common Stock (Formerly Netschools — Common Stock)
• Plumtree Software, Inc. — Common Stock
• Polycom — Public Common Stock
• Potomac Investment Association, Gaithersburg, MD — Real Estate Partnership
• Procure Point — Common Stock
• QIC (Quinton Instrument Company) — Public Common Stock (Now Quinton Cardiology Sys., Inc.)
• QualComm, Inc. — Public Common Stock
• Rainmaker Systems, Inc — Common Stock
• Read-Rite Corp, Inc. — Public Common Stock
• Ready Router (Now Netcessity)
• Recommender 2 — Common Stock
• Redenvelope — Public Common stock
• REOF V — Real Estate Partnership
• RF Micro Devices, Inc — Public Common Stock
• Robert Half Intl., Inc. — Public Common Stock
• Salesforce.com, LLC — Common Stock
• Salon.com — Public Common Stock
• Shutterfly — Comon Stock
• Skellenger Lane, Rutherford, CA — 8 acre vinyard
• Slam Dunk Networks, Inc.
• Sonus Networks, Inc.—Public Stock
• Speakeasy, Inc. — Common Stock
• Spirian, LLC — Common Stock
• Stoneridge, LLC
• Sun Microsystems — Public Common Stock
• Support Inc. — Common Stock (AKA Support Soft, Inc.)
• TeraOp, LLC — Common Stock
• Thirteen Hundred One Sansome, LLC — Real Estate Partnership
• Tripath Technology, Inc. — Common Stock
• Trivium Systems, Inc — Common Stock
• Trux Gate Associates Ltd, Real Estate Partnership
• Unicru Common Stock (Formerly Guru.com)
• Union Bank of California, San Francisco, CA — savings account
• USA DR — Common Stock
• Vanguard Airlines, Inc — Public Common Stock
• Wells Fargo Bank, San Francisco, CA — Savings account
• Witness Sys, Inc. — Public Common Stock
• Xtreme Spectrum, Inc. — Common Stock
• Yantra Corp — Common Stock
• Yerac Associates — Investments
• Zinfandel Lane, St. Helena, CA
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment on JWR contributor, and syndicated talk show host, Tony Snow's column by clicking here.
Tony Snow Archives
© 2005, Fox News Channel
Richard Z. Chesnoff
Frank J. Gaffney
Victor Davis Hanson
A. Barton Hinkle
Judge A. Napolitano
Cokie & Steve Roberts
Debra J. Saunders
J. D. Crowe
David Ray Skinner
Ask Doctor K