This crispy French toast is to die for
By Noelle Carter
1892 EAST'S CRISPY FRENCH TOAST
SERVINGS: Serves 4
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
CRISPY FRENCH TOAST
1. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to form the batter.
2. In a food processor, grind the cornflakes with the palmiers and powdered sugar to a coarse, sandy texture.
3. Heat the oil in a wide pot or deep fryer until it reaches 350 degrees.
4. While the oil is heating, start preparing the French toast: Dip the bread in the batter to soak, then press the soaked bread into the crust mixture on both sides to form a good coating. Place the bread in the fryer, careful not to crowd, and fry until the crust is golden-brown, about 2 minutes.
5. Drain the French toast on paper towels to remove any excess oil, then arrange on a plate and top with apples and a dusting of powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
To comment, please click here. Interested in a private Judaic studies instructor for free? Let us know by clicking here.
To comment, please click here.
Interested in a private Judaic studies instructor for free? Let us know by clicking here.