The Kosher Gourmet by Megan Gordon With its colorful cache of purples and oranges and reds, COLLARD GREEN SLAW is a marvelous mood booster --- not to mention just downright delish
April 18, 2014
Rabbi Yonason Goldson: Clarifying one of the greatest philosophical conundrums in theology
The Kosher Gourmet by Julie Rothman Almondy, flourless torta del re (Italian king's cake), has royal roots, is simple to make, . . . but devour it because it's simply delicious
: Trying hard to be 'positive' but never succeeding? Blame Your Brain
April 14, 2014
Rabbi Dr Naftali Brawer: Passover frees us from the tyranny of time
: First degree: How America really recovered from a murder epidemic
: When love is not enough: Teaching your kids about the realities of adult relationships
: How you can tell if your financial adviser is setting you up for potential ruin
: Up to 500,000 people die each year from hepatitis C-related liver disease. New Treatment Has Over 90% Success Rate
: Eating Watermelon Can Help Control High Blood Pressure
April 11, 2014
Rabbi Hillel Goldberg: Silence is much more than golden
: How to value a child for who he is, not just what he does
: A Simple Blood Test Might Soon Diagnose Cancer
: Have A Slow Metabolism? Let Science Speed It Up For You
April 9, 2014
Jonathan Tobin: Why Did Kerry Lie About Israeli Blame?
Samuel G. Freedman
: A resolution 70 years later for a father's unsettling legacy of ashes from Dachau
: A resolution 70 years later for a father's unsettling legacy of ashes from Dachau
: How Beans, Peas, And Chickpeas Cleanse Bad Cholesterol and Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
April 8, 2014
Coffee Drinkers Rejoice! Your Cup Of Joe Can Prevent Death From Liver Disease
Electric 'Thinking Cap' Puts Your Brain Power Into High Gear
April 4, 2014
A life of love: How to build lasting relationships with your children
Older Women: Save Your Heart, Prevent Stroke Don't Drink Diet
Why 50 million Americans will still have spring allergies after taking meds
Teacher keeps promise to mail thousands of former students letters written by their past selves
April 2, 2014
Should South Carolina Jews be forced to maintain this chimney built by Germans serving the Nazis?
Get happy: 20 scientifically proven happiness activities
It's Genetic! Obesity and the 'Carb Breakdown' Gene
Jewish World Review
Dan Balz Archives
• 12/03/18: Jim Baker reveals Bush's final moments
• 11/12/18: Will House Dems help or hurt the party's chances of winning in 2020?
• 11/08/18: Midterm aftermath: Trump and Dems to refocus strategy on newly revealed critical voter base
• 11/07/18: Why Dems' seizing congress might end up doing little to affect the overall shape of the political state of the union
• 11/05/18: Describing this midterm election as 'like no other in a generation' isn't hyperbole. Here's why it is really about what kind of country this is --- and will be
• 10/30/18: Midterm elections are likely to change the calculus for post-2020 Census redistricting
• 10/23/18: Latest WaPo poll: GOP has narrowed gap; Dems now hold statistically insignificant lead in battleground House districts
• 09/09/18: Forget the House. It's the battle for the Senate that could provide the most drama on election night
• 08/06/18: Obama and Trump both bent demographic trends to win. Can Trump repeat in 2020?
• 07/02/18: The midterm elections shape up as a battle over intensity. Are Dems ready?
• 06/11/18: From world disruption to constructive dealmaking?
• 04/17/18: Mainstream media poll: Dems' advantage in midterm election support is shrinking
• 04/16/18: America's future in flux: The main demographic variables shaping the next elections
• 03/19/18: Will Trump face a primary challenge in 2020? Would it matter if he does?
• 03/05/18: What motivates Romney, at age 70 and with two dozen grandchildren, to decide to submit himself to the rigors and occasional tedium of a statewide campaign in Utah?
• 02/27/18: Redistricting battles and why governors will matter more -- much more -- after the 2020 Census
• 02/06/18: This is the week that the GOP truly became the party of Trump
• 01/02/18: Dems think 2018 will be a good year, but are they realistic about their own problems?
• 11/06/17: 2016 is the election that will never end --- still
• 08/14/17: Dems' midterm election obstacles are growing
• 07/19/17: Trump's GOP is not the old Republican Party. Congressional leaders just learned what that means
• 07/14/17: Foreign leaders see nation's governors as potential allies in trade talks with Trump
• 07/10/17: At the Group of 20 summit, who is the real Trump?
• 06/22/17: Georgia race provides a wake-up call for both Dems and Republicans
• 06/19/17: Trump's contradictory coalition roils elections in Virginia, Georgia
• 06/14/17: New reports highlight shifting social attitudes and shifting coalitions and the rise of Trump. Will GOP adapt?
• 05/18/17: Accelerating investigations may be miscalculation for Dems
• 05/17/17: President's crises bring the GOP to a point of reckoning
• 04/10/17: Betrayal of 'America First' pledges? Trump Nation confounded by Syrian foray
• 03/01/17: The contradiction - and challenge - of the Trump presidency
• 02/21/17: In the early weeks of the new administration, the humbling of a president
• 02/20/17: Will Mike Pence's loyalty to Donald Trump be returned in full by the president?
• 02/06/17: Anti-Trump protests may be gaining a lot of attantion, but party has no quick fixes in their bid to regain ground lost
• 12/12/16: A deeper look at how blue-collar towns turned red
• 11/21/16: From an improbable to first independent president
• 11/15/16: Ignore the 'experts': No one has a clue what kind of president Donald Trump will be
• 11/09/16: An upset winner and an uncertain road ahead
• 10/16/16: Clinton has some big challenges in final debate, and none involves discrediting Trump
• 10/03/16: Memo to Trump's handlers re next debate: No amount of preparation or advice will make a difference if the candidate refuses to use it
• 09/27/16: First debate was a noisy clash between two determined adversaries that produced electric moments and substantive difference
• 09/26/16: Debates don't often change presidential races. Is 2016 the exception?
• 09/19/16: Pity the election forecasters trying to bring some order to a chaotic political year
• 08/22/16: A turbulent week for Trump overshadows Clinton's vulnerabilities
• 08/10/16: Clinton has yet to respond to Trump's attack on globalism
• 07/26/16: Dems' gathering goes off its feel-good script, reveals wounds that won't heal by end
• 07/25/16: Leaked emails aside, the DNC has been a long-standing problem
• 07/21/16: Trump's acceptance speech tonight shaping up to be a make-or-break moment
• 07/18/16: A world in turmoil raises the bar for the party conventions
• 06/28/16: Will Brexit change the behavior of politicians, in Britain and elsewhere?
• 06/24/16: Echoes of American politics in Brexit vote
• 06/06/16: On road to general election, Trump veers off message
• 05/27/16: Trump is borrowing the GOP brand. He'll resist bending to party leaders
• 05/23/16: Is Hillary ready for the Wild West campaign of Donald Trump?
• 05/16/16: Trump seemed impervious during the primaries, but forecasts for electoral votes paint a bleak picture
• 05/11/16: Congressional leaders' one overriding priority
• 05/03/16: Questions both GOPers, Dems can't stop obsessing on
• 04/25/16: Conflicted ahead of Cleveland: The calls for unity behind Trump-as-nominee are beginning to be heard
• 04/20/16: Hillary won New York, but her image is underwater
• 04/18/16: Trump and Sanders find common ground despite deep dislike for each other
• 04/15/16: Losing their patience, candidates stage a debate which will live in acrimony
• 04/11/16: How Team Trump intends to win delegate majority as rivals prepare for open convention
• 04/11/16: Why New York is pivotal for Clinton and Sanders
• 04/06/16: Anti-Trump forces emboldened as a contested convention becomes more likely
• 03/31/16: GOP's patina of cohesion has been shattered by the candidates
• 03/28/16: Can Paul Ryan and Donald Trump coexist within the Republican Party?
• 03/22/16: Trump's ready to build our nation, not others
• 03/21/16: How Trump vs. Clinton would reshape the electoral map
• 03/07/16: Behind the rise of Trump: A spin-less look
• 02/26/16: Rubio and Cruz are in high attack mode, but are they too late on Trump?
• 02/25/16: Achieving the impossible? How Cruz, Rubio or Kaisich can still trump The Donald
• 02/22/16: Trump solidifies front-runner status, but who is his most dangerous rival?
• 02/08/16: Ahead of N.H. primary, questions for Rubio, Trump and Cruz
• 02/04/16: Uphill battle in New Hampshire underscores Hillary's message problem
• 02/01/16: Does Iowa really matter? And should it?
• 02/01/16: Hopes and fears in the GOP establishment
• 01/29/16: On - and off - a stage in Des Moines, the Republican contest in a nutshell
• 01/15/16: But can Donald Trump actually be the Republican nominee?
• 01/13/16: Hillary Increasingly vulnerable and ultimately invincible
• 12/21/15: Saturday night's debate highlights how events put Sanders at a disadvantage
• 12/16/15: Unruly fight over serious issues, with no clear winner: 5th debate is perfect reflection of GOP race
• 12/14/15: Trump's rise in the decline of the middle class
• 12/09/15: Along with Trump's rhetoric, the stakes for 2016 have risen dramatically
• 12/07/15: From Trump, Ryan, Cruz and Rubio, clues to the identity of the Republican Party
• 11/30/15: For Dems, it's not just 'demographics as destiny'
• 11/17/15: Ted Cruz's winning strategy
• 11/12/15: Fourth GOP presidential debate did little to narrow the field
• 11/11/15: Deep fault lines revealed at GOP debate
• 11/09/15: Trump v. Cason would be fun: Why let polls pick winners and losers?
• 10/29/15: Cruz and Rubio deliver breakout performances, but will Republican voters respond?
• 10/19/15: Is Bush's stock undervalued or a true measure of a troubled candidacy