March 5, 2014
Netanyahu's inaction to Obama's provocations sends powerful message
Kerry, after apparent criticism by Schumer, seeks to allay skepticism on diplomacy
How to ruin a perfectly good kid in 10 simple steps
2014 Oscars played it safe, but was faith lost in the shuffle?
Apple joins Hobby Lobby in touting corporate values beyond profit
March 3, 2014
Alina Dain Sharon: In the Hebrew calendar, a leap year has extra month, not day
Latest Obama appointment to prove Prez set on emasculating so-called Israel Lobby
Jewish World Review
Dec. 26, 2013/ 23 Teves, 5774
We are drowning in good news
For those always emailing, "Why don't you report some good news once in a while" how about this.
Good news about housing starts and unemployment, where we see housing starts break the million mark and unemployment is projected to drop to 3.6 percent.
An actual federal budget passed, and while congressional leaders admit the plan isn't perfect - it's going to allow us to avoid a shutdown of the government.
And the Fed is so confident about the economy it won't have to print so much money. The fed has relieved short term interest rates at record lows, and we're not going to see a big surge in interest rates.
It just makes you want to turn the radio up and inhale the economic euphoria - which is legal in all 50 states.
But is this really the all-clear?
According to outgoing Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, "The economy is continuing to make progress, but it also has much further to travel before conditions can bud judged 'normal.'"
And if you want proof, just go on YouTube and search for "Millennials versus Baby Boomers."
"You raised us to believe that we were special," says the young woman in the video.
A specialness which commands a starting salary of around $21,000.
"You insisted we all go to college, and now we're the most educated generation in American history."
And now they have an average debt of $23,000, and probably facing having to work until age 73 to save up enough to retire.
But if we ignore that, the news is good. Even if the kids will be using their bedroom a little longer than you expected.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
Dave Ross hosts the Morning News on Seattle's KIRO Radio weekdays from 5-9 a.m. He spends his down time tinkering with electronic projects, writing novelty songs, shopping at thrift stores, and playing squash. As an avid hiker, he's earned the title Energizer Bunny from his friends; while they all stop to see stuff along the trail, Dave keeps going and going and going. He enjoys traveling internationally for work and pleasure with memorable stops in Baghdad, Qatar, Israel, Prague, Germany (to cover the Berlin Wall), China, Soviet Union, Niger, Senegal, and Iran.
You can listen to his daily column in audio format by clicking here.
• 12/23/13 Trolling the NSA
• 12/17/13 Amazon's drones better keep an eye out for Google's robots
• 12/12/13 Has cancer just been cured?
• 12/05/13 It turns out that our very lives depend on being unhappy
• 12/04/13 Close your books, and boot up your laptops
• 12/02/13 What do you do when your dad is a billionaire?
• 10/25/13 The tale of two websites
• 10/23/13 Not since Moses
• 10/21/13 Another reason to sleep
• 10/21/13 Are you ready for 2020?
• 10/01/13 The real-life Bionic Man
• 09/30/13 The pilot exits the F-16 and it takes off without him
• 09/25/13 Human nature of everyday sadists demonstrated with bug grinder
• 09/23/13 Don't worry about the Sun, worry about . . .
• 09/19/13 The most dangerous person to search for on the Internet is . . .
• 09/18/13 The UN --- and the delicate art of doing nothing
• 09/16/13 The Internet Must Go!
• 08/29/13 When hospitals make you sicker
• 08/28/13 Smarter phone anticipates your behavior before you do
• 08/27/13 Getting tested for your dream job
• 08/26/13 A thug tells us how to stop gun trafficking
• 08/23/13 The better to see you with, Mr. Bad guy
• 08/22/13 The latest outburst of anarchy
• 08/21/13 Send al Qeda to crime ridden cities?
• 08/20/13 How honeybees are keeping men out of prison
• 08/19/13 Truth about Area 51 finally revealed
• 08/16/13 If you knew how much it cost to raise a child
• 08/15/13 The voice in the nursery
• 08/14/13 When license plates speak
• 08/13/13 The plant that wouldn't die
• 08/12/13 Class warfare at 35,000 feet is just fine
• 08/09/13 Want a good night's sleep? Become homeless
• 08/08/13 When eating too healthy becomes a problem
• 08/07/13 The Die Phone
• 08/06/13 Can't afford a doctor or medicine? There's always the Placebo App
• 08/05/13 Car prowlers taught lesson with call to mom
© 2013, Dave Ross