May 13, 2013
David G. Savage:
Church-state, literally? Supreme Court weighing public school graduation in a church
May 10, 2013
Rabbi Berel Wein: Be all that you should be
May 8, 2013
Peter Ford: Why China is welcoming both Israel's Netanyahu and Palestinians' Abbas
Obama administration quietly backs out of appeal over new contraceptive mandate
At Kerry-Putin meeting, US-Russia relations thaw --- a tad
The Kosher Gourmet by Leela Cyd Ross :
Almost too pretty to eat, this colorful salad with Sicilian inspiration will tickle the taste buds and delight your visual sensibility
May 6, 2013
May 3, 2013
Kids, kittens the Same?
With employee perks at struggling Internet pioneer Yahoo! it's hard to tell
Artificial kidney offers hope to patients tethered to a dialysis machine
April 29, 2013
Poland's new Jewish museum celebrates life, doesn't revisit Holocaust
Terrorism in America: Is US missing a chance to learn from failed plots?
Boston Bomber's 'Svengali' Revealed
Tiny satellites + cellphones = cheaper 'eyes in the sky' for NASA
April 26, 2013
Clifford D. May:
Defense in the Age of Jihadist Terrorism
Sharon Palmer, R.D.:
How to feel your best -- with plenty of energy, a healthy weight and optimal mental and physical function -- without driving yourself batty
April 24, 2013
Admit it: No one has any idea what's going on
April 22, 2013
US man departing country arrested on terror charges
An unorthodox but growing treatment in a 9-year-old's battle against cancer
April 19, 2013
Caroline B. Glick:
Why Obama's visit to Israel had no impact on public opinion or government policy
Gold collapse: The start of something big?
Livable super-Earths? Two candidates among Kepler's latest finds
April 17, 2013
Too much of a good thing? 'Palestinians' realize downside of foreign aid boom
BAD NEWS: EVERYONE IS RIGHT!
April 15, 2013
Egyptian Christians respond with harsh words to attack -- rocks, Molotov cocktails, and gunfire -- against main cathedral
Marcy Darnovsky and Karuna Jaggar:
High Court to decide if you should own your DNA
US bracing for more Russian blowback after taking action against 18 more human rights violators
April 12, 2013
New cybersecurity bill: Privacy threat or crucial band-aid?
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom:
The Kosher Gourmet by Susan Russo:
Jackie Robinson's Friend, Hank Greenberg; CNN's Jake Tapper; Texas County in the News is named for 19thC. Jewish soldier and Congressman
FRUITY QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS: A flavorful, colorful and edible vessel of delicately fluffy, mildly nutty filling combined with chewy apricots, tangy cherries, and crunchy pistachios
April 10, 2013
North Korean missiles: Could US shoot them down?
Warning: Don't waste your capital being fooled by profit prophets
Donald Hensrud, M.D.:
Mayo Clinic Medical Edge: Take vitamin supplements with caution --- even approved, they may actually do damage
74 DNA discoveries move cure closer for three cancers
April 8, 2013
Jonathan Tobin: What Part of No Preconditions Do American Jews Not Get?
Is Putin finally trading his own party for a new power base?
Jewish World Review
December 13, 2012/ 29 Kislev, 5773
2012's most annoying celebrities
http://www.JewishWorldReview.com | (MCT)
It's time for the annual "This is so easy that I shouldn't get paid for doing it" column.
That's right; it's my "Most Annoying Celebrities of the Year" list.
Who doesn't love a good annoying celebrities list? Some publications have turned the practice of selecting annoying celebrities into a full-time business. For instance, People magazine puts annoying celebrities on almost all of its covers. Without annoying celebrities, there would be no People magazine.
Last year, my list consisted of: Kim Kardashian, Charlie Sheen, Ashton Kutcher, Lindsay Lohan, Piers Morgan, Kris Jenner, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Donald Trump and movie director Brett Ratner.
A couple of the 2011 honorees made it on to my 2012 list, of course. Annoying celebrities don't get less annoying as they age; they merely step out of the spotlight for a while. That is why you won't find Snooki and The Situation on the 2012 list. They are still annoying, but their TV show "Jersey Shore" is no longer hot, so who cares about these shameless self-promoters?
If you're a regular reader of this column, you'll know that I discussed Lohan last week, so I hesitated to include her on this list. I made a plea for the media to ignore her, and several readers pointed out that I was still part of the problem by writing about her again. So, with that in mind, I have decided to exclude her from the list, but she remains among the most annoying celebrities anywhere.
I do want to give a tip of the hat to the lovely Kim K., last year's top vote-getter. In 2012, she found romance with one of the most annoying celebrities in the world (Kanye West), but pretty much stayed out of sight. She devoted most of her time to her burgeoning business empire, and showed up in public for occasional photo ops. Good for you, Kim. Now get rid of that annoying boyfriend.
Without further annoyance, here are the 10 most annoying celebrities of 2012:
1. Kristen Stewart This is not a column that passes moral judgment, so we don't care that she apparently cheated on her lovable "Twilight" co-star Robert Pattinson with the director of her "Snow White" movie. This moody actress was annoying long before she strayed. She has been performing on the big screen since she was a kid, so you'd think she would understand how Hollywood works by now. But she has had a sour look on her face since the day the "Twilight" movies launched her career into the stratosphere. Oh, what a burden it must be to be adored by millions of fans, and to make enough money in one year to run a small country.
2. Chris Brown I'd really like to put the singer's 11 million Twitter followers on this list but I don't have the space. Why would anyone follow this thuggish guy?
3. Rihanna And I might ask the same question of this woman. Her career continues to soar, but her taste in men continues to sink to unspeakable lows.
4. Donald Trump He deserves to be at the top of this list, but he'd probably like that, so I don't want to give him the satisfaction.
5. Taylor Swift Success breeds annoyance, and this sugary sweet singer is as successful as ever. This young woman doesn't date; she trolls for potential lyrics to future songs.
6. Russell Brand Wasn't this guy really funny a couple of years ago?
7. Ashton Kutcher The show business career that continues to boggle the mind. After he replaced Charlie Sheen on "Two and a Half Men," he became the beneficiary on a show that benefits from a favorable time slot. The guy can't act, but his use of social media somehow keeps him relevant to a certain group of people.
8. Christina Aguilera She wasn't a sweetheart before she became a coach on NBC's hit show "The Voice," but she showed her true colors week after week. Fashioning herself a pint-size Simon Cowell, she ripped into contestants like a serious critic, but her criticism was transparent. She lashed out at singers attached to other coaches in an obvious attempt to boost her own people (the plot didn't work), and I also think she targeted female singers she saw as future competitors.
9. Jessica Simpson Anyone who uses pregnancy and weight loss as the basis of a show business career begs to be on this list.
10. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez We have nothing against either individual, but as a couple, they were annoying right up to and including their well-publicized breakup. Although the end of their relationship was cause for celebration for those of us who were really annoyed, it did not occur until late in the year, so there was plenty of annoyance happening in 2012.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment on Barry Koltnow's column by clicking here.
Lindsay Lohan needs to be ignored
Red Dawn' remake reflects China's box-office pull
Fall movie season ends with lessons learned
The 10 best Bond villains ever
Readers weigh in on confusing movies
10 most confusing movies of all time
Do you enjoy going out to the movies?
Sylvester Stallone, the Dalai Lama and me
Watch August movies at your own risk
Nothing new in the new Spider-Man movie
Grading the summer movies . . . so far
Readers are angry about TV network practices, too
TV networks have some explaining to do
The night Johnny Depp made me a star
Summer movies: the dark horses
Lindsay, Ashton, Kim --- are they kidding?
Readers pick their favorite baseball movies
Our 10 favorite baseball movies
The most over-hyped movies of 2012
The 10 worst best pictures ever
The greatest Oscar acceptance speech NEVER given
The worst biopics ... ever
20 celebrity questions that must be answered in 2012
The Golden Globes are meaningless
The 10 Most Annoying Celebrities of 2011
The funniest comedy teams
Fake celebrities ignite real controversy
Hollywood: Stop spoiling our movies
Mob expert reveals his favorite gangster flicks
Good riddance, Harry Potter
The coolest car movies ever made
Our favorite teacher movies
Are women funny?
Our special snarky summer movie guide
The 10 most pressing show biz questions
Readers weigh in on the royal wedding
The royal wedding: I don't get it
Readers reach verdict on lawyer column
Our favorite lawyer movies ever
Readers pick their worst Oscar winners
The 10 worst best pictures ever
25 hit-man movies to die for
The 10 greatest sidekicks ever
The 10 biggest celebrity missteps of 2010
Who's cooler than Steve McQueen? (Answer: nobody)
The best revenge movies ever
The good old days, when celebrities weren't train wrecks
Making sport of celebrities
Youth will be served? Don't give me that trash!
A celebrity answer is no answer at all
Caution: geniuses at work
© 2010, The Orange County Register; Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
Richard Z. Chesnoff
Frank J. Gaffney
Victor Davis Hanson
A. Barton Hinkle
Judge A. Napolitano
Cokie & Steve Roberts
Debra J. Saunders
J. D. Crowe
Ask Doctor K