• Fidel Castro died Friday fifty-seven years after he led a communist revolution in Cuba which seized private property and nationalized U.S. businesses. It had to be a bitter end for the longtime dictator. Fidel Castro spent his entire life trying to overthrow capitalism, and he died on Black Friday.
• Fidel Castro's death Friday set off jubilation in Miami's Little Havana district lasting into the morning. The eulogies were predictable. President Obama offered the Cuban people our prayers after Castro's death, Trump called Castro a brutal dictator, and Bill Clinton said this calls for a cigar.
• Fidel Castro spent his last ten years writing a column for Havana's newspaper. He was always an active observer of U.S. politics. Just month ago Fidel confidently assured his readers he would walk into hell if Donald Trump was elected president, so if nothing else Castro was a man of his word.
• Cubans expressed the hope that Castro's death would free up the economy and human rights on the island. Many years ago, Castro visited a fortune teller who told him he'd die on a Cuban holiday. When Castro demanded to know which one, she said any day he dies will be a Cuban holiday.
• Donald Trump was urged by Kellyanne Conway and Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee not to name Mitt Romney Secretary of State. They said in the campaign, Mitt was disloyal, backstabbing, critical and treasonous. No Mormon has been chewed up and spit out like this since the Donner Party.
• General David Petraeus was mentioned by Fox News as a possible Secretary of State nominee Monday in leaked reports from Trump Tower. Petraeus has already been investigated for sexual misconduct and mishandling classified information. So it would be like having two Clintons in one cabinet.
• Donald Trump named Amway heiress Betsy DeVos as his Secretary of Education. You cannot make it up. Only in America could a man who paid a twenty-five million dollar fine for operating a fraudulent university one week be responsible for selecting the Secretary of Education the next week.
• Miami Dolphins fans booed San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick for the entire game Sunday for defending Fidel Castro and communism at a pre-game press conference. The Dolphins beat the Forty-Niners by seven points. Jill Stein has already raised six million dollars for the recount.
• The Green Party's Jill Stein filed for recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania to draw donations and annoy Trump. The left is desperate to de-legitimize the man who defeated them. Democrats are nostalgic for the good old days when the worst thing about Donald Trump was his hair.
• Donald Trump was ripped by loyalists for considering Mitt Romney as Secretary of State. He's in a tough spot. If Trump refuses to appoint anybody who attacked him during the presidential campaign, the Trump administration's going to consist of his wife, his kids and the Fox News Panel.
• Ohio State students were attacked by young Muslim Abdul Ali Artan from Somalia Monday with a knife. He was inspired by an ISIS call for knife attacks on Americans. It's more proof that we can't allow Syrian refugees into the U.S. for security reasons, it's just too dangerous for them here.
• The Wall Street Journal said the Democratic Party was in total disarray after losing the White House, the Senate and the House as well as thirty-four state houses and governorships. The party may have strayed too far to the left. Fidel Castro died Friday and Democrats are demanding a recount.
• Donald Trump enjoyed a rise in approval rating Sunday as TV reporters dubbed post-election good news the Trump Bump. Castro is dead, the stock market hit an all-time high, and pot is legal just about everywhere. It's just been three weeks since the election and already America is great again.
• The Clinton Foundation offered a Black Friday sale on reduced speaking fees and personal appearance fees for Bill and Hillary. The good news is, there was a line outside the door over a block long full of kings, sultans, union bosses and CEOs. The bad news is, it was the line for refunds.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
JWR contributor Argus Hamilton is the host comedian at The Comedy Store in
Hollywood. To comment or arrange for speaking engagements.
Comment by clicking here.