• President Obama flew to Greece Monday for bilateral talks with the president of Greece. This is sure to be mutually beneficial. The U.S. can teach Greece how to better manage its huge debt, and Greece can teach the U.S. how to turn the ruins of a once-great civilization into a tourist attraction.
• Hacksaw Ridge directed by Mel Gibson drew heavy Best Picture Oscar buzz in Hollywood last week. That's not all. The Academy Award for Best Actor should go to all the comedians who are still acting angry that Trump won the election after six nights of crowds going wild over Trump jokes.
• Donald Trump agreed to Obamacare rules forcing health care plans to cover young adults on their parents plan and policy holders with pre-existing conditions. It's a total backslide. Next thing, Trump is going to promise to build a huge beautiful chalk line and he's going to make Mexico draw it.
• The New York Times publisher issued a statement Saturday apologizing for its slanted election coverage. They'd clearly hit bottom. Rather than simply announce the results of the presidential election Wednesday, the New York Times ran the headline Trump Evicts Black Family from Their Home.
• President Obama told a press conference Monday he hopes Trump will be an environmentally responsible president. He owes the earth one. Think of the millions of trees it'll take to replace all the woodwork Americans came out of last Wednesday when they admitted they were for Trump all along.
• Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti proclaimed L.A. to be a sanctuary city Friday free from police cooperation with the Border Patrol. The language barrier causes pure chaos. This morning in Los Angeles court, two Mexican men showed up for their deportation hearing and the judge married them.
• Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel defiantly stood by Chicago's status as a sanctuary city for illegal aliens Monday. The mayor said that illegal immigrants will be safe in the city of Chicago. The illegal immigrants told the mayor to speak for himself, that they'll take their chances in Mosul.
• Los Angeles traffic came to a standstill at twilight Monday for the astonishing sight of a Super Moon east of the city. Millions were mesmerized by the huge size of the moon glowing in the sky. Millennials stopped looking at the Super Moon after six minutes because it wasn't wearing a cape.
• The New Yorker magazine ran a recent article ripping the culture of Los Angeles as provincial and low-brow. They're just jealous. People in Los Angeles can go swimming at the beach during the day and then go to the opera that night, without apparently ever feeling the need to change clothes.
• President Obama praised World War II vets in his Veterans Day speech on Friday for fighting for the cause of diversity. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. If anything, U.S. soldiers stormed the Normandy beaches and crushed the Germans once and for all for giving white privilege a bad name.
• Science News reported that Arab fishermen found a two-hundred-pound hunk of whale vomit worth three million dollars. It's used to preserve the fragrances of very expensive perfumes. They discovered the vomit floating on the ocean Wednesday morning, proving that the whale is a Democrat.
• USA Today reported on a nationwide poll which reveals that since Election Day, two and a half million Americans say they now want to move to Canada. Economists agree it's really amazing. Donald Trump has only been elected a week and he's already created two and a half million new jobs.
• Democrats bickered over whether Tuesday's defeat was the fault of the establishment or the candidate. They never took the pulse of the electorate. The bad news for the American left is, U.S. voters elected Donald Trump president, and the worse news is, they were voting their consciences.
• President-elect Trump named his running mate Mike Pence to head his transition team. They have four thousand jobs and cabinet posts to fill. So far the betting favorites are Newt Gingrich for Secretary of State and Rudy Giuliani for Attorney General and Jeb Bush for Secretary of Low Energy.
• WalMart announced Thursday they will open on Thanksgiving Day at six p.m. and offer huge discounts on laptops and smart-phones, the same day the NFL agreed to speed up games and the Dow Jones hit a record high. It's amazing. It only took Trump two days to make America great again.
• Fox News reported that Canada's immigration website crashed Wednesday due to Americans wanting to emigrate. It's a new challenge. Now it looks like Trump is going to have to build one wall on the southern border to keep people out and one wall on the northern border to keep people in.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
JWR contributor Argus Hamilton is the host comedian at The Comedy Store in
Hollywood. To comment or arrange for speaking engagements.
Comment by clicking here.