National Geographic was unable to avoid the cultural attack against white privilege launched by Black Lives Matter Friday. Nat Geo filmed two very rare White Giraffes surveying a meadow together in Kenya. ESPN host Jemele Hill accused them of holding their heads up a little TOO high.
• Folsom High School officials in California on Thursday banned students from chanting USA during games or at pep rallies. They are afraid it might offend some Hispanic students. My take is, this is a California public school so we should be celebrating the fact that the students can spell USA.
• President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump toured a few of the Hurricane Irma stricken areas in Naples where the president promised full federal aid to rebuild. After a long wait, the people of Miami got the news they wanted. The new iPhone 8 will be available to rob later this month.
• Fox News showed video footage of black teenagers looting a sportswear store in Naples during the hurricane and reported it. We are definitely two nations. CNN showed the same footage and reported that brave volunteers were rescuing stranded apparel from being ruined by Hurricane Irma.
• The Life Insurance Institute predicted that physical exams will no longer be necessary to get a life insurance policy. It's a great racket. Let's say, if you are the life insurance company, I bet you I'm going to die and then you bet me I'm going to live, and then I pay you a fortune, hoping you win.
• Hillary Clinton launched her book tour in which she's blaming the Russians, Bernie Sanders, the DNC, sexism and Jim Comey for why she lost. A rescue operation is pending. When O.J. Simpson gets out of prison in three weeks, he's going to help Hillary find the real reason she lost.
• Florida Governor Rick Scott predicted Wednesday it'll take the Florida Keys and the western coast of Florida a long time to rebuild from Hurricane Irma's wrath. Right now, thousands of people in South Florida have no access to social media. They could be the happiest people in America.
• The Supreme Court allowed President Trump's travel ban on people from six terrorist infested nations into the U.S. to continue until the Court hears the case in October. There's mainstream approval of the ban. Too many Americans were flying to Syria one-way and then walking back to get a free house.
• Wells Fargo Bank discovered another possible one million sham bank accounts set up to meet aggressive sales goals, adding to customer anger at banks. My ATM just charged me two dollars for a transaction, then told me to cover my PIN to avoid being robbed. That's pretty ironic, if you ask me.
• Hillary's book reminds me how in the 2016 election, Democrats nominated a Methodist Tory Goldwater Girl pretending to be a Democrat since her hippie days, and Republicans nominated a New York Democrat, pretending to be a Republican. You'd think after two billion dollars and forty primaries that the Democrats and Republicans could at least have nominated a candidate from their own party.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
JWR contributor Argus Hamilton is the host comedian at The Comedy Store in
Hollywood. To comment or arrange for speaking engagements.
Comment by clicking here.