• A United Airlines passenger jet came dangerously close to colliding with a drone aircraft on approach to Newark Liberty International Airport. And that was just outside the plane. United Airlines now offers its passengers three grades of airline seats-window, middle and ringside.
• Men's Health reported that healthy relationships are as important as lots of exercise for a long life span. In May, the BBC reported the world's oldest man died in Indonesia at the age of one hundred and forty-six. He died doing what he always wanted to do, giving his wife an honest opinion.
• Congress faces having to either raise the debt ceiling or risk a U.S. government shutdown when they return. There were many lost chances. If President Trump had set out a ten-dollar swear jar in the West Wing before he fired Anthony Scaramucci we might have balanced the budget very soon.
• Dunkirk is a movie hit about the British Army's heroic evacuation across the English Channel after the French Army collapsed before the German army in World War II. America's own future was at stake in the conflict. If Hitler had won the war we would be German today, instead of Mexican.
• USC football coach Clay Helton announced Saturday that O.J. Simpson will not be welcome at any USC Trojan football practices following his release in October after nine years in prison. It's a valuable lesson to the players. What happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas, until you get paroled.
• The White House was in turmoil after Anthony Scaramucci went to the New Yorker magazine and ripped Chief of Staff Reince Priebus in vulgar street language. And Priebus got fired for it. It's the craziest thing to happen in the Trump White House since whatever the hell happened yesterday.
• President Trump hired John Kelly to run the White House Friday. So far Trump has fired the acting Attorney General, his National Security Advisor, FBI Director, the White House Chief of Staff and Communication Director. Everyone agrees this is the wildest season of The Apprentice ever.
• Vladimir Putin ordered the expulsion of seven hundred U.S. diplomats in response to President Trump slapping harsh sanctions on Russia, escalating military tensions. So if the U.S. and Russia go to war, North Korea's nuclear arsenal certainly can't do any harm. Trump is such a problem solver.
• North Korea's Kim Jung Un applauded the successful test-flight of another long-range missile Friday. Experts say by next year Kim could keep his promise to mount a nuclear warhead on top of an ICBM missile and land it in downtown Los Angeles. That could put over fifty U.S. citizens at risk.
• Volkswagen's German-born former U.S. chief of emissions compliance Oliver Schmidt told the judge he plans to plead guilty for falsifying VW emission data. It's really bad. VW's CEO called it the most embarrassing event in Volkswagen history, and this is a company that was founded by Hitler.
• The University of Michigan released a worldwide survey to determine which nation is the most religious nation in the world, and the United States came in first place as the most religious. We were way out in front. Americans pray before every meal and even Muslims only pray five times a day.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
JWR contributor Argus Hamilton is the host comedian at The Comedy Store in
Hollywood. To comment or arrange for speaking engagements.
Comment by clicking here.