The Kosher Gourmet by Megan Gordon With its colorful cache of purples and oranges and reds, COLLARD GREEN SLAW is a marvelous mood booster --- not to mention just downright delish
April 18, 2014
Rabbi Yonason Goldson: Clarifying one of the greatest philosophical conundrums in theology
The Kosher Gourmet by Julie Rothman Almondy, flourless torta del re (Italian king's cake), has royal roots, is simple to make, . . . but devour it because it's simply delicious
: Trying hard to be 'positive' but never succeeding? Blame Your Brain
April 14, 2014
Rabbi Dr Naftali Brawer: Passover frees us from the tyranny of time
: First degree: How America really recovered from a murder epidemic
: When love is not enough: Teaching your kids about the realities of adult relationships
: How you can tell if your financial adviser is setting you up for potential ruin
: Up to 500,000 people die each year from hepatitis C-related liver disease. New Treatment Has Over 90% Success Rate
: Eating Watermelon Can Help Control High Blood Pressure
April 11, 2014
Rabbi Hillel Goldberg: Silence is much more than golden
: How to value a child for who he is, not just what he does
: A Simple Blood Test Might Soon Diagnose Cancer
: Have A Slow Metabolism? Let Science Speed It Up For You
April 9, 2014
Jonathan Tobin: Why Did Kerry Lie About Israeli Blame?
Samuel G. Freedman
: A resolution 70 years later for a father's unsettling legacy of ashes from Dachau
: A resolution 70 years later for a father's unsettling legacy of ashes from Dachau
: How Beans, Peas, And Chickpeas Cleanse Bad Cholesterol and Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
April 8, 2014
Coffee Drinkers Rejoice! Your Cup Of Joe Can Prevent Death From Liver Disease
Electric 'Thinking Cap' Puts Your Brain Power Into High Gear
April 4, 2014
A life of love: How to build lasting relationships with your children
Older Women: Save Your Heart, Prevent Stroke Don't Drink Diet
Why 50 million Americans will still have spring allergies after taking meds
Teacher keeps promise to mail thousands of former students letters written by their past selves
April 2, 2014
Should South Carolina Jews be forced to maintain this chimney built by Germans serving the Nazis?
Get happy: 20 scientifically proven happiness activities
It's Genetic! Obesity and the 'Carb Breakdown' Gene
Jewish World Review
Megan McArdle Archives
• 06/17/19: Why is Sanders calling himself a socialist?
• 06/13/19: The best explanation for Trump's presidency: He's acting like a real estate developer
• 06/04/19: Very few women will die from illegal abortions even if Roe v. Wade is overturned --- but ...
• 06/03/19: EU elections don't matter much. But the anger behind this one will
• 05/28/19: Dems can dream about impeachment. But dream on
• 05/21/19: The Supreme Court should have never intervened on abortion
• 05/09/19: There's a high cost to making drugs more affordable
• 05/07/19: Are the Dems suicidal? A memo to Bernie and his pals, pols
• 05/02/19: Uber and Lyft are locked in a price war. There are only two ways out
• 04/29/19: Meet your new woke inquisitors, same as the old ones
• 04/25/19: Who will really benefit from Warren's student debt plan?
• 04/16/19: Outraged AOC inadvertently scores points for subject of her wrath
• 04/01/19: Brexit shambles ever onward, destination unknown
• 03/28/19: Embrace the exclamation! All those critics are missing the point
• 03/25/19: The 2020 race is on --- between the commentariat and the modelers
• 03/21/19: Anti-Irish bigotry is mostly gone. But we shouldn't forget the gift of being Irish
• 03/18/19: How we encourage mass murder
• 03/14/19: Do libs really want an opened door at the High Court for something far worse than conservative rulings on abortion or campaign finance?
• 03/11/19: Why our changed world will never accept democratic socialism
• 03/07/19: Uber and Lyft are losing money. At some point, we'll pay for it
• 03/06/19: Did we win the War on Poverty?
• 02/28/19: The only conception of reparations that could possibly be politically viable, would also be utterly toxic
• 02/25/19: Why U.S. health-care reformers shouldn't use other countries as a model. Swiss miss, anyone?
• 02/22/19: Distinguishing between fact and fantasy: Bad actor in Hollywood-style script must awaken us to reality
• 02/18/19: Myopic Green New Dealers need to look beyond America for a climate cure
• 02/14/19: Why the United States will never have high-speed rail
• 02/11/19: 'We're nuts!' isn't a great pitch for a Green New Deal
• 02/07/19: In attacking proposed Kavanaugh replacement, Dems are arguing against progress -- in more ways than one
• 02/04/19: What the push for legal-until-birth abortion tells us about the abortion debate
• 01/31/19: Elizabeth Warren's wealth tax is no way to run government --- but a good way to run a campaign
• 01/28/19: Venezuela's revolution will keep happening slowly --- and then all at once
• 01/25/19: The late John Bogle's financial product was a hit with ordinary people
• 01/18/19: Can immigration save the U.S. from its birthrate crisis?
• 01/14/19: No, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The fact is, it's not because you're a woman
• 01/11/19: What if we paid people to donate their kidneys to strangers?
• 01/09/19: Instead of right and left, our politics are increasingly being defined by the rooted and the mobile
• 01/07/19: What connects Trumpish figures around the world? No, not that
• 12/31/18: The biggest problem with the criminal justice reform bill
• 12/24/18: Elizabeth Warren's generic drugs plan: More placebo than cure
• 12/19/18: Who should decide what topics are off-limits?
• 12/12/18: Who's most at risk from the Russia investigation? It just might be the Dems
• 12/06/18: Ready for a heroin prescription?
• 12/04/18: Lessons from the limping revolutions
• 11/27/18: 12 rules for free speech
• 11/20/18: This one little trick will make Thanksgiving perfect
• 11/19/18: Saving 'Generation Paranoia'
• 11/07/18: Election night's lost opportunities
• 11/06/18: A green wave of out-of-state money
• 11/02/18: Weeks after the fact, an NBC report further muddles the Kavanaugh saga
• 10/30/18: Aficionado culture is where fun goes to die
• 10/22/18: Will the Blue Wave collapse before it reaches the shore?
• 10/16/18: The best Sears product was its gift for reinvention, with a 126-year warranty
• 10/12/18: Pack the court? Terrible idea
• 10/10/18: It is anti-woman to judge Sen. Susan Collins solely as a woman
• 09/30/18: The GOP's taking the moral high ground --- and its consequences
• 09/27/18: The column I never wrote
• 09/26/18: Vengeance or justice: Should we punish one person for the crimes of another?
• 09/23/18: Kavanaugh has a doppelganger --- no, not that one
• 09/20/18: Politics isn't about smart. It isn't even about tough: What so many don't grasp
• 09/18/18: Unresolvable questions
• 09/17/18: Serena Williams, meet ThinkProgress
• 09/12/18: Rethinking Lehman 10 years later
• 09/09/18: Why the New Yorker's concerns about normalizing Bannon miss the point
• 09/04/18: A statistical misfire on school shootings raises questions
• 08/29/18: Are 'democratic workplaces' really practical?
• 08/27/18: What would happen if we didn't have to go to college?
• 08/22/18: The private musings and short fuse of Elon Musk
• 08/20/18: What's really obstructing left-wing dreams
• 08/16/18: The ACLU's divided heart
• 08/13/18: Show me the victims of insider trading. I'll wait
• 08/06/18: Employers rejecting pot users will pay a price
• 08/03/18: Three theories on why MoviePass failed
• 08/01/18: Have free marketers and the far left finally found something they can agree on?
• 07/30/18: Venezuela's inflation will hit 1 million percent. Thanks, socialism
• 07/26/18: We need a statute of limitations on bad tweets
• 07/23/18: Honey, I shrunk our income gap
• 07/20/18: Why not try 'Medicare for all'? Glad you asked
• 07/16/18: Roe may well not be the most consequential Kavanaugh case
• 07/06/18: Five shows more people should be watching
• 07/04/18: The nationalism we need
• 06/29/18: Should you care Abood has died?
• 06/26/18: There's a miraculous chance to cure cancer; but . . .
• 06/21/18: Metrics often have unintended consequences
• 06/18/18: Why AT&T is great for democracy; shareholders start worrying now
• 06/04/18: Defending Samantha Bee isn't principled. It's tribalism
• 05/28/18: The social capital index
• 05/22/18: Dems are about to have to pay up
• 05/16/18: Trump promised to let Medicare negotiate drug prices. Did he deliver?
• 05/14/18: Approaching collective madness on housing
• 05/03/18: When experts don't know best
• 04/30/18: The trouble with treating female politicians as victims
• 04/26/18: Bernie Sanders wants you to have a good job. But there's a catch
• 04/19/18: You think you hate your cable bundle. You're wrong
• 04/09/18: The persistent myth of the medical bankruptcy
• 04/05/18: It wasn't 'economic reductionism' that caused the riots
• 04/02/18: Should paying even a paltry ransom to hackers be a federal crime?
• 03/27/18: New evidence suggests a paper co-authored by Elizabeth Warren on medical bankruptcies overstated the scale of the problem. Hmmm
• 03/21/18: No, driverless cars aren't far safer than human drivers
• 03/13/18: Toys R Us still sells lots of toys; here's why it's going under
• 03/06/18: Publicly slighting millions of NRA members isn't good for business --- or America
• 02/20/18: Tech upgrades really aren't that great anymore
• 02/14/18: 12 rules for life, as seen from atop a 45th birthday cake
• 02/07/18: I'm a libertarian. But self-driving cars won't thrive without some government 'medling'
• 01/26/18: Why Dems won't get their way on immigration
• 01/24/18: Maybe Dems learned a lesson about shutdowns
• 12/20/17: Sex panic harks back to the days of coddling women
• 12/18/17: Why 'believe all women' just doesn't work
• 10/31/17: Police cameras had no effect; the question is why
• 10/10/17: Plea bargains are a travesty. There's another way
• 10/03/17: It shouldn't be so easy to afford grad school
• 09/11/17: What it takes to be labeled a (conservative) 'hate group'
• 08/24/17: When we all must live in fear of online mobs
• 08/22/17: Shouters win town hall battles, lose the war
• 08/10/17: As a woman in tech, I saw these are not my people
• 07/26/17: What's worse than thieves? Thieving police
• 07/05/17: How Zillow Became an Internet Villain --- and why it matters
• 05/09/17: France has a leader, but not yet an opposition
• 02/13/17: The Dems and their immigration problem(s)
• 01/31/17: Whatever else Red America is wrong about, they are right about this
• 01/30/17: Both parties can agree on infrastructure, sort of
• 01/09/17: How to rekindle the magic in your political union
• 01/05/17: The big problem with 401(k)s we refuse to solve
• 12/08/16: You can argue what ought to be, or you can make it happen
• 10/23/16: The slow, painful death of the media's cash cow
• 10/05/16: Trump's 1995 return shows good tax policy at work
• 09/20/16: It's all about ... race? Economics? Fill in the blank, but you'll probably be wrong
• 09/13/16: Clinton never learns that she can't hide stumbles
• 08/17/16: Crack down on law schools that don't pass the bar
• 07/28/16: Sanders lied. His gullible Bern-ers have now learned the unsavory truth
• 06/23/16: Republicans Have a Shot at Replacing Obamacare
• 06/22/16: Is your doctor willing to sell you out for the price of a sandwich?
• 06/10/16: 5 reasons decent people may want to back Trump
• 06/08/16: Universal basic income is ahead of its time
• 06/03/16: What the Saudi $3.5 billion stake in Uber means for the unicorns
• 05/27/16: Hillary's server doesn't look like honest mistake
• 05/09/16: Welcome to the modern economy, where increasingly, everything not compulsory is forbidden
• 05/09/16: The four horsemen of the Republican apocalypse
• 04/21/16: Parents could go bankrupt simply trying to look adequate
• 04/18/16: Your assessment of the 2016 election is way off
• 04/13/16: Those tax 'loopholes' were created for a reason
• 04/01/16: Enlightened crybabies: Campuses can't become one big 'safe space'
• 03/16/16: A 'cashless society' is great until it's not
• 03/15/16: President Trump's revolution? Fear not
• 03/14/16: Trump's clumsy pivot to the general election
• 03/08/16: Trump too poor to stage a third-party run
• 03/07/16: We can all relate to Trump's policy tactics
• 02/25/16: Twitter can only lose when it polices abuse
• 02/09/16: Rubio faces the risk of going off script
• 02/08/16: Sanders and Clinton get substantive, and go wrong
• 02/03/16: 6 takeaways from an exciting night in Iowa
• 02/02/16: Trump fans should know he'll offend them next
• 01/04/16: Obama: Dreamer or irresponsible luftmensch?
• 12/21/15: Sheltered students go to college, avoid education
• 12/17/15: Trump disproves liberal and conservative myths
• 10/28/15: Preschool Helps Kids. Sometimes. Briefly.
• 10/26/15: If you like truth, don't watch the movie 'Truth'
• 10/21/15: Turns out timeless cliches and the Beatles understood the 2016 election season before the rest of us did
• 02/09/15: Reading the tea leaves for 2016 gets you nowhere
• 02/02/15: Hillary's late start won't stop punches