Jewish World Review June 24, 2013/ 16 Tammuz, 5773
Post-arrest DNA collection is justified
By Dan K. Thomasson
Now that the Supreme Court has certified the constitutionality of post-arrest DNA testing, the prospect is that it will in many cases free the innocent who have been convicted wrongfully. That may or may not happen, but the court's vote has been too long in coming, and if it clears up not only cold cases but frees even one person who shouldn't be in prison, it will be justified.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
• 06/18/13: Tax reform may have effective Dynamic Duo
• 06/14/13: Stop outsourcing government secrets
• 06/10/13: IRS couldn't survive one of its own audits
• 05/31/13: Higher ed gaining more support from states
• 05/24/13: Does Obama have Plausible Deniability?
• 05/20/13: Google Glass is progress at a cost
• 03/25/13: NCAA's March Madness still scores points
• 02/27/13: School safety radicals make things considerably worse
• 02/21/13: Wrestling needs a firm hold on Olympics
• 02/18/13: Obama may be able to do little about gun violence
• 12/17/12: When is a majority not a majority?
• 12/12/12: Government snooping's historical precedent
• 11/13/12: Petraeus learns a lesson the hard way
• 10/26/12: High court must settle affirmative action
• 10/16/12: Report confirms SATs flawed indicator
• 08/20/12: All the news fit to tweet?
• 07/27/12: Economic disillusionment marks young voters' views
• 07/20/12: Will Postal Service follow Pony Express route?
• 07/13/12: Paterno's statue should be covered up
• 07/10/12: 8.2 jobless rate endangers Obama's job
• 07/03/12: It's still the economy, stupid
• 06/19/12: Mitt Romney's chances look better
• 06/08/12: Pakistan not an ally worthy of the name
• 06/05/12: Americans have a right to be bloated
• 06/01/12: Quota system would dilute school's quality
• 05/27/12: Even now, Memorial Day means summer camp
• 05/18/12: Is there a public right to know too much?
• 05/09/12: American exceptionalism --- exceptional generosity
• 05/04/12: The Edwards trial is a sorry affair
• 05/02/12: Common sense needs to be taught . . . to school administrators
• 04/30/12: We must deal with college student debt rate
• 04/10/12: At least Ryan has a deficit-cutting plan
• 04/05/12: Celebrate one-year rent-a-teams?
• 03/12/12: A kinder, gentler day when fists settled disputes
• 03/05/12: Do conservatives want a victory or a statement?
• 02/27/12: Hillary vs. Jeb?
• 02/17/12: Why wait for the until GOP nominating convention?
• 02/17/12: Prez is not a god, just a cause of O.G. D.: Obama Governmental Dysfunction
• 02/13/12: Minor tardiness doesn't warrant court action
• 02/08/12: College rankings aren't always reliable
• 02/01/12: Millionaire Fans Watching Millionaire Players
• 01/30/12: Kiriakou case may plug leaks, stifle democracy
• 01/09/12: Feds need to find if Brit hackers targeted 9/11 families
• 12/23/11: NIH flu-strain decision endangers us all
• 12/09/11: U.S. Postal Service may be beyond saving
• 11/30/11: Do-gooder gets deserved earful
• 11/24/11: Lawmakers should pledge to think on their own
• 11/22/11: Iowa: Vital to GOP now, irrelevant later
• 11/16/11: Pentagon's senior mentor service takes hit
• 11/14/11: With Congress, expect more intransigence
• 11/08/11: Paterno's illustrious career faces tarnished end
• 10/31/11: The FBI is burned by its Boston informants
• 10/18//11: President Inexperienced again picked style and enthusiasm over caution. He must pay
• 10/10/11: Prosecutors routinely abuse plea bargaining
• 10/04/11: In Christie,shades of William Howard Taft
• 09/27/11: One word for Obama's prospects --- bleak
• 09/26/11: Obama quickly running out of time
• 09/23/11: Big-time college football is now all about the money
• 09/22/11: A trip to the dentist cleans out your wallet
• 09/06/11: College rankings a useless exercise
• 08/31/11: Thankful a mother isn't alive to see this hungry mess
• 08/30/11: Supercommittee should meet in secret
• 08/22/11: Is college still worth it? Some majors are
• 08/15/11: Pray for miracle from debt committee
• 08/09/11: S&P mixes credit ratings with politics
• 08/08/11: Politics again takes precedence over common sense
• 08/04/11: In modern society, a distinct pattern of senselessness
• 07/29/11: A debt solution: Throw the rascals out, all of them
• 07/21/11: Campaign finance reform --- you're kidding, right!?
• 07/08/11: Casey Anthony jury did its job
• 07/05/11: Nailing a prominent figure or institution should come at a heavy risk and an even greater price if proven a hoax
© 2011, SCRIPPS HOWARD NEWS SERVICE