The Kosher Gourmet by Megan Gordon With its colorful cache of purples and oranges and reds, COLLARD GREEN SLAW is a marvelous mood booster --- not to mention just downright delish
April 18, 2014
Rabbi Yonason Goldson: Clarifying one of the greatest philosophical conundrums in theology
The Kosher Gourmet by Julie Rothman Almondy, flourless torta del re (Italian king's cake), has royal roots, is simple to make, . . . but devour it because it's simply delicious
: Trying hard to be 'positive' but never succeeding? Blame Your Brain
April 14, 2014
Rabbi Dr Naftali Brawer: Passover frees us from the tyranny of time
: First degree: How America really recovered from a murder epidemic
: When love is not enough: Teaching your kids about the realities of adult relationships
: How you can tell if your financial adviser is setting you up for potential ruin
: Up to 500,000 people die each year from hepatitis C-related liver disease. New Treatment Has Over 90% Success Rate
: Eating Watermelon Can Help Control High Blood Pressure
April 11, 2014
Rabbi Hillel Goldberg: Silence is much more than golden
: How to value a child for who he is, not just what he does
: A Simple Blood Test Might Soon Diagnose Cancer
: Have A Slow Metabolism? Let Science Speed It Up For You
April 9, 2014
Jonathan Tobin: Why Did Kerry Lie About Israeli Blame?
Samuel G. Freedman
: A resolution 70 years later for a father's unsettling legacy of ashes from Dachau
: A resolution 70 years later for a father's unsettling legacy of ashes from Dachau
: How Beans, Peas, And Chickpeas Cleanse Bad Cholesterol and Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
April 8, 2014
Coffee Drinkers Rejoice! Your Cup Of Joe Can Prevent Death From Liver Disease
Electric 'Thinking Cap' Puts Your Brain Power Into High Gear
April 4, 2014
A life of love: How to build lasting relationships with your children
Older Women: Save Your Heart, Prevent Stroke Don't Drink Diet
Why 50 million Americans will still have spring allergies after taking meds
Teacher keeps promise to mail thousands of former students letters written by their past selves
April 2, 2014
Should South Carolina Jews be forced to maintain this chimney built by Germans serving the Nazis?
Get happy: 20 scientifically proven happiness activities
It's Genetic! Obesity and the 'Carb Breakdown' Gene
Jewish World Review
Bill Whalen Archives
• 04/10/18: While Pelosi Stars In Republican Ads, Does Fate Have Another Plan For Her?
• 03/27/18: Who's Buried In Grant's Tomb? Republican Fiscal Discipline
• 03/20/18: To Regain The House, Dems Will Need A Few Breaks --- And The Loudness Of More Lambs
• 03/06/18: What Is the Conventional Take On Trump's Unconventionality?
• 02/27/18: In Gridlocked Washington, Time For A Spin Down Constitution Avenue
• 02/21/18: Mitt Happens --- So What Happens Next
• 01/30/18: Another Kennedy, Another New Frontier --- And A Good Time For Trump To Evoke JFK
• 01/18/18: Trump Should Take His State Of The Union Address Away From Congress --- And The Swamp's Sideshow
• 01/12/18: What If O Ran As An I?
• 12/12/17: As Utah Goes, So Goes . . . Perhaps A Lot of Republican Drama In 2018 And Beyond
• 11/21/17: In The Shoulda, Woulda World Of Democrats And Bill Clinton, How His Resignation Alters Politics
• 10/24/17: The Wheel Goes Round And Round --- All The Way Back to November 1963
• 10/17/17: A Course Correction For American Politics: Have George W. Bush Teach A Course On Dignity
• 10/10/17: The '90's Aren't Calling --- And I'd Really Like Their Politics Back
• 09/28/17: Politics Makes for Strange Bedfellows, Or So Trump Learns The Hard Way In Alabama
• 09/07/17: On A Sad Note, Even Notes Between Presidents Aren't What They Used To Be
• 09/01/17: Once The Floodwaters Recede, Will Trump Have Seized The Political High Ground?
• 08/29/17: If Viewers Are Willing To Pay For Mayweather-McGregor, Will Voters Spring For Hillary's Book?
• 08/24/17: A GOP Challenge To Trump In 2020: Would Republicans Dare Flip Their Whig?
• 08/17/17: What Does Trump Do Next? Try Looking Back At Obama And Clinton
• 07/25/17: Not A White House Failure To Communicate, But An Aversion To Driving A Message
• 07/18/17: California On A Jenner Bender? Political Leadership Is Transitioning
• 06/29/17: They've Grown Accustomed To Her Face: A Sad Song for Democrats Heading Into 2018
• 06/22/17: The Two Parties Spent $50 Million In One Georgia Race, Yet Voters Still Got Shortchanged
• 06/13/17: In The Summer of 'Wonder Woman', Hillary Should End The Winter (And Spring) Of Her Discontent
• 05/30/17: Time For Another Bush-Clinton Bonding? This Time, Dubya Mentoring Hillary
• 05/02/17: How To Follow Trump's Opening Act? Some Second Hundred-Day Suggestions
• 03/28/17: The Fault Lies Not In The Speaker's Plan --- It's Due In Part To The House's Rugged Math
• 03/07/17: A Strategy For Trump: Escape The Washington Bubble, Tout His Agenda, Pressure Congress
• 02/28/17: Not A State Of The Union, But A Chance For Trump To State His Presidency's Case
• 02/14/17: Trump Can Try To Get Even With The Courts --- Or Get To Work And Start Nominating Judges
• 02/07/17: Keeping Up With The Kardashians? Try Keeping Up With Trump
• 01/20/17: Four Things To Watch For When President Trump Takes The Stage
• 01/10/17: For Obama, A Farewell Address... Or One Last Abuse Of The First-Person Singular?
• 12/19/16: In Trump Derangement Syndrome, We Have Three Presidents All Rolled Into One
• 12/13/16: The Two Parties Face An Age-Old (And Age-Young) Question Moving Forward
• 12/06/16: What To Expect In Trump's First 100 Days? Maybe An Approach Similar To . . . Obama
• 11/23/16: Now That Trump's Decided To Meet The Press, Will His White House Choose To Beat The Press?
• 11/14/16: The best cure for America’s post-election hangover
• 11/08/16: Six Possible Electoral College Scenarios --- In Case You Already Didn't Have A Migraine
• 11/02/16: Before Anyone Whines About Comey and Clinton, Try Revisiting Weinberger And Walsh
• 09/07/16: As The Election Passes Labor Day, A Question Of Whether Hillary Intends To Labor Any Harder
• 08/30/16: For Speaker Ryan, It's A Marriage Of Inconvenience With Trump And Clinton
• 08/23/16: If Trump Wants To Be The One, Why Not Promise One Term And Done?
• 08/02/16: In Hillary's Circus World, It's The Clown And The Juggler
• 07/27/16: In Philadelphia, Democrats Welcome And Fear A 'Rocky' Convention
• 07/19/16: The Republican Show In Cleveland: All About Space --- And Trump's Final Frontier
• 07/05/16: It's His Nomination And His Convention: Imagine Trump Doing Cleveland His Way
• 06/28/16: Three Things To Keep An Eye On --- Unless You've Taken A Campaign Brexit
• 06/23/16: Trump Finds A Message That Works; With A Few Tweaks, It Can Be Even Better
• 06/21/16: Razing Arizona: Is John McCain In Trouble Back In His Home State?
• 05/24/16: Once Hillary Starts Haggling With Bernie, Does She End Up Living On Tulsi Time?
• 05/17/16: In A Clinton-Trump Race, Just How Much Could The Map Change?
• 05/10/16: The Reality Of the Situation: Trump Might As Well Fully Embrace Reality TV
• 05/03/16: If The Presidential Race Has You Baffled, Consider What's Happening To Congress
• 04/22/16: The Calendar Says 2016, But We're Still Partying Like It's 1992
• 04/19/16: Hillary's California Adventure: Why Trouble May Await Her Out West
• 04/13/16: The Presidential Hopefuls May Be In Fun City, But Where's The Hope, Where's The Fun?
• 04/05/16: Would A Trump Nomination Cost The GOP The House?
• 03/01/16: Super Tuesday Prop Bets On Trump, Delegates And Inevitability
• 01/14/16: Grayer but not wiser: A president who's an underachiever and proud of it
• 10/27/15: The Supreme Court May Be The Sleeper Issue Of The 2016 Election
• 10/13/15: So How Does A Dem Debate Trump What The Donald's Already Given Us?
• 10/01/15: Is There A Republican In This Race Who Knows Jack (Kemp)?
• 09/24/15: Four Things To Expect From Carly Fiorina, Between Now And The Next GOP Debate
• 09/17/15: Is Socialism Here To Stay In 2016, Or Is Bernie Sanders Just Another Howard Dean?
• 08/25/15: Bush Battles The 'Wimp Factor' (The 2016 Edition)
• 08/18/15: The Five Candidates Best Suited To Reorient The GOP
• 08/06/15: Biden and scared GOPers
• 08/04/15: What 2012's First Big GOP Debate Tells Us About Thursday's Showdown
• 07/29/15: Hillary's Very Brady Problem
• 07/15/15: Bracketing The GOP'S Sweet Sixteen
• 07/10/15: Hillary And The Media: No Mutual Admiration, But Mutually Beneficial?
• 07/08/15: The Sixties . . . In 2016?
• 07/03/15: Four 4th Observations
• 07/02/15: Should Jeb Play A Trump Card?
• 07/01/15: Christie Almighty?
• 06/15/15: Did Hillary Flunk A History Lesson?
• 06/11/15: Thursday Candidates Quiz
• 06/10/15: First Best Second Choice
• 06/08/15: Game of Inches
• 06/03/15: The Power Of Narrative Politics
• 06/01/15: Sorting The Republicans' 2016 Kingdom
• 05/28/15: To Command Without Having Served
• 05/21/15: 2016: Do Looks Matter?
• 05/15/15: John Bolton's Swan Song