The Fact Checker: The Truth Behind the Rhetoric by Glenn Kessler Archives
• 03/01/16: A trio of truthful attack ads about Trump University
• 02/26/16: Suspicious claims about borders, walls, ethanol and trade
• 02/23/16: Hillary's claim that Bush wanted to 'give the Social Security trust fund to Wall Street'
• 02/19/16: Trump's truly absurd claim he would save $300 billion a year on prescription drugs
• 02/16/16: Donald Trump's myths about Donald Trump
• 02/05/16: Caught yet again! In the Dem debate, some familiar embellishments
• 01/18/16: Fact checking the fourth Dem debate
• 01/15/16: Debaters put forth some claims that are head-scratchers or downright wrong
• 01/07/16: Obama's claim that Internet gun sellers 'operate under a different set of rules'
• 12/14/15: Dems' misleading claims about closing the no-fly list 'loophole'
• 12/08/15: Trump's claim that he 'predicted Osama bin Laden'
• 12/04/15: Obama's inconsistent claim on the 'frequency' of mass shootings in the U.S. compared to other countries
• 11/16/15: 13 fishy or interesting claims from Round 2 of the Dem debates
• 11/09/15: Here's why Marco Rubio's corporate card saga isn't really a scandal
• 10/14/15: Fact checking the first Dem debate
• 09/17/15: Fact checking the second round of GOP debates
• 06/19/15: Chafee's absurd comparison on the fiscal impact of the Iraq war and the Bush tax cuts
• 06/16/15: Bill Clinton's claim that Hillary did economic diplomacy because there was no Commerce Secretary
• 07/22/14: Obama's claim that the GOP has 'blocked every serious idea'
• 07/15/14: Dems on Hobby Lobby: 'Misspeaks' 'opinion' and overheated rhetoric
• 06/30/14: The letter that supposedly led to the crash of Lois Lerner's hard drive
• 05/19/14: Obama touts new efficiency rules in 'Year of Action,' after years of delays
• 05/12/14: Obama busted for false facts on Republicans' filibusters
• 04/02/14: A Democratic attack ad tries to connect the dots, and earns 4 Pinocchios
• 03/31/14: Presidential deceptions --- and their consequences (Incl. video)
• 03/03/14: Harry Reid's claim that the 'vast majority' of AFP’s Obamacare ads are 'lies'
• 02/25/14: Obama's claim that 7 million got 'access to health care for the first time' because of his Medicaid expansion
• 02/11/14: Durbin's claim that 10 million now have health insurance because of Obamacare
• 01/29/14: Fact Checking the 2014 State of the Union address
• 01/06/14: The White House's claim that 7 million enrolled in Obamacare 'was never our target number'
• 01/06/14: Schumer's claims about Democratic and GOP efforts to 'fix' Obamacare
• 12/12/13: Harry Reid's explanation for why not all of his staff is going on 'Obamacare'
• 09/05/13: History lesson: When the United States looked the other way on chemical weapons
• 07/09/13: George W. Bush returns as a uniter
• 06/11/13: Obama's claim of 500,000 manufacturing jobs, month after month
• 05/15/13: Prez's claim he called Benghazi an 'act of terrorism'
• 02/21/13: Obama and early childhood education: a rhetorical leap of faith
• 02/14/13: Fact checking the 2013 State of the Union speech
• 10/23/11: Fact Checking the Final Debate
• 07/10/11: Obama's misleading tweet on Romney's taxes
• 02/21/11: The claim that 98 percent of Catholic women use contraception: a media foul
• 12/29/11: Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan (Fact Checker biography)
• 12/08/11: Romney versus Gingrich: a Super PAC's over-the-top ad
• 12/08/11: Obama's Kansas speech: some suspect facts
• 11/18/11: The Obama campaign's spin on the Romney tax plan
• 09/27/11: Obama' strained symbolism at an Ohio River bridge
• 08/25/11: Obama's claim that GOP is holding up trade deals
• 08/11/11: Obama's claim that the debt problem can go away
• 06/22/11: AARP's misleading ad about balancing the budget
• 05/24/11: A rare Geppetto for Paul Ryan's assertion on Obama's hidden top marginal tax rate
• 05/16/11:Obama administration boasting about border security
• 05/11/11: Kathleen Sebelius's outrageous claim that cancer patients would 'die sooner' under the GOP Medicare plan
• 05/09/11: A gusher of oil rhetoric
• 05/04/11: The Obama administration's odd claims on export growth
• 04/28/11: How effective are sanctions in changing behavior?
• 04/14/11: Biggest cuts in U.S. history? Well, no.
• 04/08/11: Nancy Pelosi's absurd math on senior citizens losing their meals
• 04/06/11: Hillary Clinton's uncredible statement on Syria
• 03/25/11: Libya, Obama and the tragedy in Darfur
• 03/22/11: Gifts of bogus statistics for the health-care law's birthday
• 03/21/11: Mitch McConnell's not-so-happy birthday greetings for the health care law
• 03/10/11: A job-loss statistic produced out of thin air
• 03/10/17: A budget analogy that earns a Geppetto checkmark
• 03/10/11: Four pinocchios for the American public on the budget
• 03/09/11: Obama and the White House's halfway fixation with the budget
• 03/08/11: Foreign policy braggadocio on Libya and AIDS
• 03/07/11: Democrats keep misleading on claimed budget cuts
• 03/01/11: Mike Huckabee is on to something here, but jumped the gun
• 02/25/11: Harry Reid's illusory $41 billion in budget cuts