Jewish World Review March 25, 2013/ 14 Nissan, 5773
By Dan K. Thomasson
In 1951, I walked into the restaurant where my Indiana high school basketball banquet was being held. I was greeted by a very tall man whom I recognized instantly as one of the superstars of the era: Alex Groza, formerly of the University of Kentucky's winning teams of the postwar 1940s and then a star in the still-infant National Basketball Association.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
• 02/27/13: School safety radicals make things considerably worse
• 02/21/13: Wrestling needs a firm hold on Olympics
• 02/18/13: Obama may be able to do little about gun violence
• 12/17/12: When is a majority not a majority?
• 12/12/12: Government snooping's historical precedent
• 11/13/12: Petraeus learns a lesson the hard way
• 10/26/12: High court must settle affirmative action
• 10/16/12: Report confirms SATs flawed indicator
• 08/20/12: All the news fit to tweet?
• 07/27/12: Economic disillusionment marks young voters' views
• 07/20/12: Will Postal Service follow Pony Express route?
• 07/13/12: Paterno's statue should be covered up
• 07/10/12: 8.2 jobless rate endangers Obama's job
• 07/03/12: It's still the economy, stupid
• 06/19/12: Mitt Romney's chances look better
• 06/08/12: Pakistan not an ally worthy of the name
• 06/05/12: Americans have a right to be bloated
• 06/01/12: Quota system would dilute school's quality
• 05/27/12: Even now, Memorial Day means summer camp
• 05/18/12: Is there a public right to know too much?
• 05/09/12: American exceptionalism --- exceptional generosity
• 05/04/12: The Edwards trial is a sorry affair
• 05/02/12: Common sense needs to be taught . . . to school administrators
• 04/30/12: We must deal with college student debt rate
• 04/10/12: At least Ryan has a deficit-cutting plan
• 04/05/12: Celebrate one-year rent-a-teams?
• 03/12/12: A kinder, gentler day when fists settled disputes
• 03/05/12: Do conservatives want a victory or a statement?
• 02/27/12: Hillary vs. Jeb?
• 02/17/12: Why wait for the until GOP nominating convention?
• 02/17/12: Prez is not a god, just a cause of O.G. D.: Obama Governmental Dysfunction
• 02/13/12: Minor tardiness doesn't warrant court action
• 02/08/12: College rankings aren't always reliable
• 02/01/12: Millionaire Fans Watching Millionaire Players
• 01/30/12: Kiriakou case may plug leaks, stifle democracy
• 01/09/12: Feds need to find if Brit hackers targeted 9/11 families
• 12/23/11: NIH flu-strain decision endangers us all
• 12/09/11: U.S. Postal Service may be beyond saving
• 11/30/11: Do-gooder gets deserved earful
• 11/24/11: Lawmakers should pledge to think on their own
• 11/22/11: Iowa: Vital to GOP now, irrelevant later
• 11/16/11: Pentagon's senior mentor service takes hit
• 11/14/11: With Congress, expect more intransigence
• 11/08/11: Paterno's illustrious career faces tarnished end
• 10/31/11: The FBI is burned by its Boston informants
• 10/18//11: President Inexperienced again picked style and enthusiasm over caution. He must pay
• 10/10/11: Prosecutors routinely abuse plea bargaining
• 10/04/11: In Christie,shades of William Howard Taft
• 09/27/11: One word for Obama's prospects --- bleak
• 09/26/11: Obama quickly running out of time
• 09/23/11: Big-time college football is now all about the money
• 09/22/11: A trip to the dentist cleans out your wallet
• 09/06/11: College rankings a useless exercise
• 08/31/11: Thankful a mother isn't alive to see this hungry mess
• 08/30/11: Supercommittee should meet in secret
• 08/22/11: Is college still worth it? Some majors are
• 08/15/11: Pray for miracle from debt committee
• 08/09/11: S&P mixes credit ratings with politics
• 08/08/11: Politics again takes precedence over common sense
• 08/04/11: In modern society, a distinct pattern of senselessness
• 07/29/11: A debt solution: Throw the rascals out, all of them
• 07/21/11: Campaign finance reform --- you're kidding, right!?
• 07/08/11: Casey Anthony jury did its job
• 07/05/11: Nailing a prominent figure or institution should come at a heavy risk and an even greater price if proven a hoax
© 2011, SCRIPPS HOWARD NEWS SERVICE