The Cartoon Network signed a deal with a mobile digital game developer which will allow kids to turn their favorite shows into jigsaw puzzles. When I was a little boy growing up in Oklahoma City, the morning cartoons every day were Heckle and Jekyll and Mighty Mouse. Today, it's Congress.
• The FBI admitted they lost fifty thousand e-mails related to its investigation of Hillary Clinton for erasing all her emails two years ago. The FBI's computer crashed, just like Hillary's computer crashed. They crashed when President Obama threw them out of Air Force One at forty thousand feet.
• Mike Pence was a huge hit in Israel Monday where he toured the holy sites in Jerusalem and met with Israeli leaders. It's fascinating how some things haven't changed there in two thousand years. The Palestinians were out in full force calling for an end to the Roman occupation of Palestine.
• The Justice Department warned that it plans to enforce federal laws against selling marijuana this year. It vindicates what pot smokers have said for fifty years. Marijuana does NOT make you paranoid, federal agents really ARE outside your pot store, waiting to come storming through the door.
• The U.S. government shut down Friday when Congress couldn't agree on a budget bill. Allies reacted swiftly. President Trump just got an emergency call from India's prime minister who suggested that Trump try turning the United States off, then turning it back on, and see if that helps.
• The Dow Jones hit a record high as Apple brought home a quarter trillion dollars from overseas. Companies are lavishing big bonuses and salary hikes and jobs are plentiful. Congress is just stupid enough to shut down the government at the very moment that nobody needs a government.
• Democrats and Republicans stayed in session all weekend after the shutdown deadline arrived Friday at midnight in an effort to keep everything running. However both sides dug in their heels. With the U.S. government shut down, over half a million federal workers will have to stop not working.
• Congress shut down the U.S. government when Democrats insisted on protecting illegal immigrants in the budget bill and the GOP demanded the wall in return. Let's not forget how they benefit the economy. Illegal immigrants do the jobs Americans refuse to do, like run the government.
• The Washington Post reported that some U.S. intelligence operations may have to be shut down because so many foreign contacts must be paid off in cash. Maintaining surveillance is another big problem. While the government is shut down, the NSA is asking Americans to spy on one another.
• The Women's March protests were held Saturday to protest Trump, and they were joined for the second year by Hispanic and BLM marchers. It's amazing. In just one year, Trump has inspired more out-of-shape Americans to get outside and go walking than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
• Senator Elizabeth Warren faced calls by Native American tribes to apologize for claiming she was Cherokee back when she applied for an Ivy League professorship. They don't like when a white pretends to be red to get a job at Brown. Next thing you know a black will marry into the Royal family.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
JWR contributor Argus Hamilton is the host comedian at The Comedy Store in
Hollywood. To comment or arrange for speaking engagements.
Comment by clicking here.